logo amplifiers simplified

Empire Name:The Oridiok System Imperials

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 8:56:50 PM

Name: The Oridians

Victory Type: Diplomacy/Expansion

Gameplay: 

• Diplomacy Research speed increased when met by new species.(Reverse Engineering)
  • When at war Diplomacy research slow,Military research increased.(Reverse Engineering)
  • When at peace Happiness is increased.(EasyGoing)
  • Special events pop up more often.(Explorers by heart)
  • Gets along with industrialists.(Traders)

Lore: The Oridians are a red skinned human-like species with pointed ears with black and red eyes.They only vote for a new leader when the elected leader dies.(Imperial Democracy)

Homeworld: The Oridians live on a well-balanced world of land and water it is a hotter planet so the plant life is not very healthy so they have to build domes specifically for plant life to be healthy during planting season. the planet has more of an orange hue than blue or green colour.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 4:55:17 PM

I like the idea here. The traits line up with a diplomatic play style. A couple questions though: What do you mean by "gets along with industrialists"? And what specifically is their faction affinity?

Careful defining what they look like, as I understand, this is decided in part II of the contest.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 9:38:53 PM
RisingEmpire wrote:

If the said faction is a trader or is a diplomat they get along well. As trading is important.

Yes, but how is gameplay effected by them "getting along well"? Are their bonuses to be gained? If you mean something more like they tend to form alliances, I'm hesitant that could work because if it is being led by a human player, then this is up to the player to make this so.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 6:21:03 AM

The player in control could give a proposition to said faction and they would be more likely to accept.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 1:42:41 PM
RisingEmpire wrote:

The player in control could give a proposition to said faction and they would be more likely to accept.

Ahhhh, I see. My main concern is that thus far in previous Endless games, every faction is (in principle) identical whether it is being played by a human or AI. My guess is the devs probably want to keep this theme for ES2? The Oridiok's ability to change a player's likelihood to accept deals doesn't really work in multiplayer games with humans. But the idea is cool. Maybe the trait could be altered to be something like decreased Influence cost on diplomatic interactions?

Anyway, cool stuff. Good luck!  

0Send private message
Comment