Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Calm Reach, etc. - Pacifist/Diplomat Proposition

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 9:10:04 PM

Name - The Calm Reach, The Timeless Vale, The Restless, Sanctuary, etc.

Victory type - Diplomatic/Wonder

Affinity - Can assimilate minor factions into the main faction (similar to the Cultists in Endless Legend) if the faction has a high enough influence. This has a chance of triggering a war between the targeted minor faction and the main faction. This slowly lowers other major factions affection/influence with you as well. Colony ships cost 30% more production due to the ability to grow quickly by assimilation.

Gameplay -  This major faction has the ability to send a unique unit (diplomat, emissary, etc.) to factions to increase influence over time or set up an embassy within a system with the faction's approval. If accepted, the embassy is built within the system based on the system's production amount. During peacetime, the embassy increases influence between the two factions and raises happiness of both parties. If the two factions decide to become allies the two factions gain a food/production/science gain as well. If a Cold War begins the bonus to both factions is halted. If war is declared and the two factions were originally at peace the factions then suffer a happiness penalty for __ amount of turns. If the two factions were originally allies they then suffer a happiness and food/production/science penalty for __ turns. 

Lore - There is no hierarchy with this civilization. Everyone is equal to the "person" beside them. Like a democracy, these "people" have a rotating group of representatives that bring up the concerns of the group as well as decide what's next for their ever-growing civilization. They weren't always so careful to stride for diplomatic agreements and peaceful relationships. Once ruled by a ferocious band of warriors on their luscious home planet, they struggled to survive for centuries. After overthrowing the invaders, the civilization as a whole noticed their world had been all but destroyed by the onslaught. Since then, the "people" of the planet laid their weapons down and started to sow their world back together. Over time the planet assumed it's original glory, ready for the civilization to start anew; without weapons or conquest. Once space travel became accessible, a group of brave pioneers traveled to the stars, ready to spread the grand idea of pacifism. They believed the only way to expand was through their ideology; assimilation and diplomatic ties. No longer was there to be blood shed, no matter what the cause.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 9:28:54 PM

Cool idea and backstory motivating they gameplay. They are similar to my submission in that they actively welcome other minor factions, but in your own unique way.

Could you tell us your faction's traits? I want to know more!

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 5:29:58 PM

I'm glad you liked it. I didn't really have any in mind when making the faction. I would edit and update the post but I sort of lost interest in my own faction when I was reading other peoples'. The factions the community are creating are fantastically well-made. I should've been more thorough when making something like this. But anyways, thanks for the feedback. I am so happy you liked it. :)

0Send private message
Comment