Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Irises - pacifistic aristocrates

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 9:21:14 PM

Sorry for bad English((

Name: The Irises

Concept: Aristocrats in space, very bright and refined, concentrated at arts (like in Heian period). They are also very fond of studying the culture of other races.

Population bonus: a small amount of influence.

Faction affinity: “Inspiration” – for a small price of influence your irises can exchange their population bonus for a bonus of other race (minor race of your empire or a major faction you allied with). This effect lasts for some decades, after that you may choose another race (you cannot repeat your choice for three times).

The idea is to get bonuses which are necessary in a particular situation, and use this flexibility to maximize the development. Diplomatic efforts are needed to make this feature more useful.

Lore: For the refined aristocratic irises the most important thing is the art. Over time, they have exhausted all their creative potential, and a terrible crisis almost destroyed their civilization, fortunately irises make way into space and are now ready to be inspired by the culture of other races. Peace-loving policy and awe inspiring stylistics helps them very much with this goal.

Leadership: Blessed court. Irises have an aristocratic government, but it is rather a tribute to tradition and any deserving person can be adopted by one of the Noble houses. These Houses traditionally functions as various ministries and political parties. The Court has no monarch for centuries but serves to the Empire itself. Disputes are usually resolved through refined artistic competitions.

Homeworld: Opal is the world of tundra, mostly dull and faded. However, it was rich enough resources to irises prospers, develops, and have no need of anything. Anything but beauty. These conditions could give rise to people who devoted themselves to the art like no other. Only the desire to make their home more beautiful place led them to development and allowed irises to reach the stars.

Society: Irises committed to beauty. Their higher and even the middle classes - the aristocrats very fond of art and all their other businesses necessary for the existence of the empire bears the imprint of grace. Even the working class is proud of providing the aristocrats, allowing them to work on making the world little more perfect.

P.S. some possible Traits:

• Bright folk - makes the Irises getting more reputation point either good or bad. Or earning "reputation badges" faster.
  • International condemnation - with this you can decrease the  income (for 20-25%) of one opponent for a long term.
  • Cultural diversity - every planet with at least one point of minor faction population increases expansion disapproval only for 50% from normal value.
  • No glory - makes your ships and commanders gain experience slower than normal.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 4:10:36 AM

I like this idea, the faction affinity is clever and feels like a fun new way for the player to interact with the game. What are their traits? I want to see more? How are they encouraged to be the diplomatic powerhouse in the galaxy?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 5:48:44 PM
carolean7 wrote:

I like this idea, the faction affinity is clever and feels like a fun new way for the player to interact with the game. What are their traits? I want to see more? How are they encouraged to be the diplomatic powerhouse in the galaxy?

Thank you, "new way" is actually what I wanted

About traits. I used this as an example, so I don't really sure the developers wants a list of traits like in EL. But I have some ideas just in case))

Here comes some possible Traits:

for diplomacy

• Bright folk - makes the Irises getting more reputation point either good or bad. Or earning "reputation badges" faster.
  • International condemnation - with this you can decrease the  income (for 20-25%) of one opponent for a long term.

to support their theme

• Cultural diversity - every planet with at least one point of minor faction population increases expansion disapproval only for 50% from normal value.

debuff to show their pacifism

• No glory - makes your ships and commanders gain experience slower than normal.
Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 7:42:24 PM
iDrunk wrote:

Neat idea, reminiscent of the Roving clans in EL. And a good way to spend influence to hurt other factions without warfare.

I like the inclusions of synergy with the minor factions! Sounds fun to me. My faction does this too, but as the central theme to its gameplay. Cool stuff.

BTW, I like this faction's name, and the corresponding name of their Homeworld. They match perfectly!  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 8:57:53 PM
carolean7 wrote:

Neat idea, reminiscent of the Roving clans in EL. And a good way to spend influence to hurt other factions without warfare.

Yeah, and some from drakkens. Manipulations...

I like the inclusions of synergy with the minor factions! Sounds fun to me. My faction does this too, but as the central theme to its gameplay. Cool stuff.

Thanks

BTW, I like this faction's name, and the corresponding name of their Homeworld. They match perfectly!  

I have tried to fit both names in the image, that was formed in my mind.

I have checked your concept, its very interesting too. And very... consistent, maybe. All ideas fits utterly.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
Comment