Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

For the Tyvan, Diversity means greater possibilities.

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 11, 2016, 9:40:29 PM

Name: “The Tyvan

Victory type: Diplomatic/Expansion/Economic

Description:

Tyvas, a desert planet big enough to support the development of two species had the Dpurran; a reptilian race that harnesses the power of sunlight through their scales, avoiding fatigue. These herbivores gather on plains for easier building. And the Vlurgi; arthropods that infest the complex cave systems of Tyvas feeding on lichen grown inside the caves, skilled negotiators with a strong sense of community.

These races didn’t compete for food nor habitat and weren’t beligerant, so when they figured out how to communicate and established commerce. Later on, a stronger cooperation system took place: the Vlurgi had vision and saw the Dpurran architectural prowess with great respect, inviting them to build a common habitat for increased exchange. After its construction both societies realized great achievements could be acomplished.

With a millenia of peace and prosperity, the unified Tyvan Government managed to create an advanced communication system that allowed voting and active participation of every citizen on their policies. After much effort from Tyvan scientists, they managed to launch vessels to the void with the goal of creating new friendships.

— Diversity means greater possibilities. —

Hero Names:

Dpurran:

Dtan’Druk, Dpor’Tluk, Drom’Ikur, Pvor’Tlur

Vlurgi:

Vlaark, Loomv, Flook, Taark, Zloop, Trook

Gameplay:

Having two population types early gives more colonization options, they’re based heavily on the application of laws and using its influence, they tend to use a lot of propaganda to get immigration from neighbours. Their early game has a focus on exploration (mostly for finding friendly factions), trading with them and colonizing fast. Midgame would be a balance between defense and peaceful expansion or forging alliances and trade.

Affinity:

"Diversity of Essence" — +3% global happiness per population type.

Traits: 

"Efficient Compartments" — Decreases ship modules cost by 10%, +1 population on planets.

"Population Forum" — Decreases law cost by 15%.

"Dust Must Flow" — Trade ships cost 15% less.

"Hollow Planet" — +1 population on initial planet.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 10:08:19 AM

Just as an FYI, ship tonnage is no longer a thing in Endless Space 2. See the Ship Design GDD for more information: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/65-general/thread/18861-es2-gdd-11-ship-design

The rest of your entry is fine (and even this, we'd simply refactor in if your entry won), and I like it for being a cooperative faction that is not a symbiosis, I think it's the first I'm reading about in the contest so far (but then again I've only had the time to read about a dozen entries yet).

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 8:50:03 PM

I like the lore you've established! Very well thought out, with some overlaps with my submission (in terms of gaining benefits from having multiple factions in their empire), but unique in its own way. Cool!

As it stands, they aren't necessarily "pacifist diplomats", as they could win with a strong military boosted by the "efficient compartments" trait. Are there other/more traits that could guide them to be more of the dominant pacifists in the galaxy?

Also, by "global happiness" do you mean approval?

0Send private message
Comment