Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Kleox

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 11:00:00 AM

Kleox(Kleptoparasitism,Oxobacteria)

Who says life has to develop into large beings? The Kleox evolved out of various combinations of parasites on a jungle planet.

By using their special trait they can basically leech and take over the host to evolve even further. One famous

scientist once entitled the Kleox as parasites of the universe.

Main Victory Type: Expansion/Diplomacy

Fraction trait

• don't use industry
  • don't use ship modules(no attack, defence, etc.)
  • +200% ship speed
  • building ships cost turns

Can infect(invade) fleets, systems and diplomats

•  infection is a paralell factor to invading,
  •  increasing constantly,
  •  increasing/decreasing rate can be infuenced by science and improvments

•  Infected fleets may be overtaken: once you get at least 1 ship, you can split from the main feet or remain(to infect more)
  •  infected systems: leeching dust and science, infected population vote for senators of your choice and leech more science and dust, you may overtake the system
  •  infected political leaders: you may infuence them, then overtake them

other Aspects

•  need science to actual (better)detect infection(other fraction)
  •  Kleox spread faster by infected ships(more ship movement between system give infection bonuses)
  •  harder to infect ecstatic systems
  • use population to build improvments?

Note: I'm aware this kind of fraction does introduce a quite different type of play style(infection), and there a lot of aspcects to think of. But hey, the more diverse the merrier ;)

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 11:42:16 AM
Hey Wrock,

Great faction, finally an alternative faction to the cravers. The consume worlds/expansion playstyle is one of the most exiciting ones. 

Infected fleets/systems would bring a whole new playstyle into the game. I would love to see this faction in endless space 2!!

greetings,

Metkrieger

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 7:24:44 PM

While I do like your idea (I mean, I came up with a similar one back in EL so how could I not? ), I don't really understand what makes this faction pacifists and diplomats. They currently don't feel that way to me, could you elaborate on what makes them diplomats?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 11:56:14 PM
PANCZASU wrote:

While I do like your idea (I mean, I came up with a similar one back in EL so how could I not? ), I don't really understand what makes this faction pacifists and diplomats. They currently don't feel that way to me, could you elaborate on what makes them diplomats?

I agree with Pancsazu. This faction does not seem like a pacifist/dimplomat playstyle at all. It seems more like the flood.

0Send private message
Comment