Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ferians - Old war survivors, future diversifiers

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 9:02:05 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:
balancer12 wrote:

Is there anyway to see a leader board of votes? or is that secret until the end of the round?

Yup, at the Contest level (so just clicking back to the other submissions) you can order the submissions by amount of points in the top right, with the "Sort" option. :)

Is there another voting stage for this phase or is it literally just the upvotes on these threads?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 8:29:38 AM

Seems pretty interesting, but I don't care for this idea of making the faction unable to declare war. It seems to be quite a popular idea, as it pops up in a lot of the other submissions I've seen, but it seems like a really huge restriction, and a very heavy handed way of making it fit the theme. I'm no designer, but it seems to me like a very large penalty to approval would make more sense than making them entirely unable to.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 5:21:05 PM
carolean7 wrote:

You're in luck! You can edit. From the contest rules post:

• If you want to modify your submission, please edit your post (don't repost your submission). You can post in your submission's thread to say you've updated it, but only once. Abuse will lead to potential exclusion from the contest.

Thanks but I already made a slight edit early on. I don't think it really matters now lol.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 2:09:14 PM

You're in luck! You can edit. From the contest rules post:

• If you want to modify your submission, please edit your post (don't repost your submission). You can post in your submission's thread to say you've updated it, but only once. Abuse will lead to potential exclusion from the contest.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 11:58:04 AM
carolean7 wrote:

Well done. I'm jealous, you beat me to the concept of a mixed-race faction that openly welcomes other minor factions. Though with so many submissions, I didn't see yours until now. You can find my version here

The main differences between ours is are that my faction does not have the restriction on declaring war (though it is discouraged by their traits).

For specifics to help define your traits a bit more, specifically the 1st and 5th ones, check out the Game Design Documents. I'm curious what you have in mind.

It's nice to see that this idea isn't unique to me, it gives it more chance of getting into their game. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to edit anymore but I'll take a look thanks.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 4:48:41 AM

Well done. I'm jealous, you beat me to the concept of a mixed-race faction that openly welcomes other minor factions. Though with so many submissions, I didn't see yours until now. You can find my version here

The main differences between ours is are that my faction does not have the restriction on declaring war (though it is discouraged by their traits).

For specifics to help define your traits a bit more, specifically the 1st and 5th ones, check out the Game Design Documents. I'm curious what you have in mind.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 10:14:36 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:

The submission phase and initial voting phase are one and the same (and last two weeks from the start of contest).  

Alright thanks

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 9:46:57 AM

The submission phase and initial voting phase are one and the same (and last two weeks from the start of contest).  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 12:01:24 PM

Backstory

The Ferians are a mixed race faction, with a dark and bloody history. Before their unification and journey towards the stars, many species fought for control of their home world, Feria. Because of this Endless War, none of the major species of the planet managed to construct a long standing civilisation... Until one day, after a particularly bloody war resulting in the deaths of hundreds of millions, they decided enough was enough. The races of Feria joined together under one banner, that of the Ferian Empire, in order to pursue a joint goal; diversity and unity throughout the galaxy. Due to their mixed race society, they find it easier to integrate minor factions into their empire, and because of their horrid history, they do not wish to engage in combat anymore than they have to. Despite their population being made of many differnt species, they all dress in a uniform to show their allegiance. They are fiercely patriotic and will, morosely, defend their homes to the death. The Ferians always remember a warmonger...

Affinity

- The Ferians cannot declare war on any other empire, unless that empire has previously declared war on them in the past 50 turns.

Faction Traits

- Extra influence/bonuses from minor factions (not quite sure how minor factions will work in ES2)

- +15% Combat bonus when fighting in an owned system (could be adjusted for balancing)

- Ships without weapons cost 25% less industry or dust (could be adjusted for balancing)

- Ships with weapons cost 25% more industry or dust (could be adjusted for balancing)

- Some way to gain or spread their influence to other empires without fighting (not sure how influence will work in ES2 either)

- Extra unhappiness to neighbouring systems when a system is blockaded.

- -5% FIDS when at war (could be adjusted for balancing)

- -15% Combat strength when fighting in non-owned systems (not neutral systems, not exact value)

These traits will obviously have to be balanced, they are just a general idea.

The Ferians should probably be played quite sneakily, trying to quickly colonise important systems before others do, so scouting early on will be important. The player should also want to find as many minor factions as they can due to the extra bonuses. 

Victory Type: Diplomacy

Their name is based on the latin word for lesiure, rest or holiday - Feriae.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 1:17:36 AM
balancer12 wrote:

Is there anyway to see a leader board of votes? or is that secret until the end of the round?

Yup, at the Contest level (so just clicking back to the other submissions) you can order the submissions by amount of points in the top right, with the "Sort" option. :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 3:30:11 PM
lolplayer101 wrote:

dammit. you had the exact same idea as mine! (apart from the faction traits)

i was simply too late ^^

in any case you have my vote when that process starts!

Thanks for voting ^^ but you should still make a faction with different traits :D

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 2:11:40 PM
DarkHerumor wrote:
lolplayer101 wrote:

i was simply too late ^^

You can already vote for propositions ! 

oh yeah! still have to get used to the whole voting live thing. done.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 1:45:52 PM
DarkHerumor wrote:
lolplayer101 wrote:

i was simply too late ^^

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 1:36:47 PM
lolplayer101 wrote:

i was simply too late ^^

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 1:14:24 PM

i was simply too late ^^

0Send private message
Comment