Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Simul (Or Pariter) yes, thay have 2 names

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 5:48:48 PM

Faction Concept Background:

The Simul (or Pariter) are organisms which evolved for highly social behavior. They resemble a humanoid Maned wolf with Deer antler (this can be changed, to betther fit the cenario) and throught Dust, they evolved a sort of mind link. Their emotions and feelings are shared throughout their entire kin, but also they aren't a hive-mind organism, mantaining the individuality at some degree. Because of that, they can feel the pain and joy from each other, thus evolving a society where the common good is "biologicaly" imposed or they all suffer. When they loose their antlers they fall in great depression, unable to feel their kin forever. They think this is worse than death, as by their creed, they all live through the "colective of their kinsmen's memories" and they just can't stand the lack of this deep connection.

Gameplay Mechanics:

While they CAN wage war against other factions, if they do it, they'll be punished by a severe unhappiness, and slowly decaying population level across the entire faction. This state of discontent last for X turns after the war based on the turns they stood at war. When they are at peace they gain a boost of happiness based on the state of their relation with every other empire. They CAN'T be ALLIED either. Instead they have another state: the Incorporation. Much like the incorporation of a minor faction, but the major faction stay with its "individuality" but the player gain the ability to manage the incorporated empire's "Guideline" (like what they shoud do next, telling the IA where it needs to go, but not interfering on the "how they do it"). To incorporate an major faction, they need to be the best possible relation within a X number of turns and then use influence to do so. This is a concept. This can be used to win the game by incorporating all major factions, or can be limited to a number of factions that can be incorporated (as balancing see fit). The "FDIS" IS NOT MERGED, the incorporation decrease the happines of the Simul ( or Pariter) for some time and the incorporated faction stay its own, just folowing the Simul (Pariter) player's guidelines. Of course this mechanics can't be used to incorporate the Cravers and is the only faction they can be at war without penalties or maybe penalties halved (as balancing see fit).

Happiness management: Happiness is essential for the Simul (Pariter). They are more affected by happiness modifications, and their happines value is EMPIRE WIDE. The dust colection eficiency of the empire can be downgraded for further balancing, as most happiness overall, the most powerfull the "FIS" values will be.

They are a big concept I created inside my table-top RPG campaign, based on my favorite animals in the world (the look of maned wolf, the deer's imposing antlers and the portuguese man o' war, witch is basically one organism made of organisms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRk3VqE9Zoc) and I would very much like to work them (Simul or Pariter) further with the game developpers to balance and insert them on the Endless Universe.

There is even an minor faction possibility, if they made it to the game, the few who could stand losing their antlers. The Unlinked

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 5:03:40 PM

This concept is well thought out, and it shows. I like how war is out not an option, but rather strictly penalized. This keeps other factions on their toes as they can't rule out all possibilities (I go for a similar concept in my submission). And the fact that you have used this concept in your own games is a testament to its strength. Though I would be careful defining the looks of this race too much, as that is decided in part II of the contest.

It may help to clearly lay out the affinity and traits in a list to make it clear what they are.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 3:28:38 PM

thank you.

the lack of affinity is because I don't know how to balance this out. My proposition is more a concept. It can all be changed to adapt to the endless universe.

they appearance is just as they are I'm my setting. They cam be completely different than this. Just keeping the antlers... Because I like this idea of "antlenas" hahahaha

I think the great diference here is because the player will not be hindered by "you canto go to war" but instead "you can go to war if you like, but this faction is stronger with the pen, not the sword". Because they know the Very feelings of each one of their brethren, maintaining their self awareness and free will, they got a huge empathy towards every living thing.

the rules say you can edit your entry once. I'll see to it for giving them the "game bonuses" or "affinity". But for now I realy don't have a clue how their "stats" should be...

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 3:44:52 PM

You can bump your post by saying you've edited only once, but you can edit as many times as you like. Specifics may be hard, but I find it hard to compare this to other submissions if they aren't there. That's my 2 cents

0Send private message
Comment