Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sujeong, the cryogenic monks

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 7:05:11 PM

Faction Name: Sujeong, the cryogenic monks

Gameplay basics:

• Preachers of Truth (affinity) – Sujeong can send demands/mini-quests to other factions such as “increase food production”, “reduce military”, “make building X on planet Y”, "go on a pilgrimage" and so on. Upon completion, both factions receive a reward.
  • In addition to the above, Sujeong can only declare war when another empire ignores their requests.
  • Population Bonus – +0 when at war, +0.25 when at cold war, +0.5 when at peace, +1 when allied.
  • Celestial Temples – Sujeong's ships can act as temples/schools. When orbiting a system controlled by other player, Sujeong's ships boost that system's production by a little, while Sujeong themselves receive a tiny empire-wide happiness boost. You can choose which part of  you want your temples to boost but you can only pick one type of resource.
  • Starting planet: Arctic
  • Cryogenic  and  bonus on cold planets,  and  penalty on warm planets
  • Romance Enthusiasts – Easier to influence during elections
  • Influential – Stronger diplomatic pressure

Faction Background:

Sujeong are in search of the “Absolute Truth”. They believe that their goal can only be accomplished by uniting all life in the galaxy, at which point the answers to all questions shall be made clear. They often share their knowledge with other races and guide them towards greatness. Because the Sujeong feed on inorganic matter, they have little understanding of physical violence, as they never needed to compete for food, nor do they actually feel any pain. However, they understand the concept psychological pressure and can go to great lengths to make others follow what they believe to be the “right path”.

Sujeong form a government that has a strict hierarchy and is entirely composed of students and teachers. Everyone must adhere to strict moral guidelines. Looking out for yourself is allowed, to certain extent, but frowned upon. When not meditating, they happily engage in conversations, believing that every interaction between two individuals is a step closer to discovering the Absolute Truth. It is also worth noting that Sujeong reproduce sexually and consider love to be one of the greatest treasures in the galaxy. As such, Sujeong often write romantic poetry and give lots of dating advice on Spacebook.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 11:27:11 AM

I see no reference to why your monks are cryogenic, Pan. Care to explain? :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 6:43:04 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

I see no reference to why your monks are cryogenic, Pan. Care to explain? :)

The 200 word limit got in the way

I'll see if I can cut a sentence out from bio or convey their cryogenic nature through gameplay (though I kinda like the clean gameplay features they have right now). And if I can't find a way to do it then I guess I'll have to change their title to "the romantic monks" or something  Either way, I need to think about it and will update this submission when I come up with a solution

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 4:38:11 AM

I for one want to know more about how they are cryogenic, and less about their poetry and "spacebook" exploits, which doesn't fit the Endless universe (props for the pun though). Also, it is a little unclear what the "absolute truth" is. Are you going for a religion tone?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 22, 2016, 10:43:03 AM

I've sent you a message : please check your inbox (it doesn't give notifications).

Have a good day.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 10:58:23 AM

Ok, I've modified my entry to showcase their cryogenic nature a bit more. Didn't touch the bio since I don't want to delete anything but the gameplay should speak for itself. I know it's quite meaningless by this point but hey, I wanna make sure my entry is valid ^_^

carolean7 wrote:

I for one want to know more about how they are cryogenic, and less about their poetry and "spacebook" exploits, which doesn't fit the Endless universe (props for the pun though). Also, it is a little unclear what the "absolute truth" is. Are you going for a religion tone?

I think there's nothing wrong with having a race that likes romance. As for the Absolute Truth - kinda but not entirely. It's a goal the Sujeong pursue with nearly religious fervour but they're not fanatics, nor do they have a cult-like obsession with it. If you've read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (or saw the movie), I'd compare the search for Absolute Truth with the search for the Answer About Life, the Universe and Everything. Except the Sujeong want all races to discover the Absolute Truth together, instead of having a computer find it.

Hinin wrote:

I've sent you a message : please check your inbox (it doesn't give notifications).

Have a good day.

I'll check it out, thanks for letting me know. Sorry for late reply, I only came back from gamescom recently

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 1:35:27 PM
PANCZASU wrote:

Ok, I've modified my entry to showcase their cryogenic nature a bit more. Didn't touch the bio since I don't want to delete anything but the gameplay should speak for itself. I know it's quite meaningless by this point but hey, I wanna make sure my entry is valid ^_^

carolean7 wrote:

I think there's nothing wrong with having a race that likes romance. As for the Absolute Truth - kinda but not entirely. It's a goal the Sujeong pursue with nearly religious fervour but they're not fanatics, nor do they have a cult-like obsession with it. If you've read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (or saw the movie), I'd compare the search for Absolute Truth with the search for the Answer About Life, the Universe and Everything. Except the Sujeong want all races to discover the Absolute Truth together, instead of having a computer find it.

Aahhhhh, I see. Hard to fit that all in 200 words. Cool stuff. Way to rock it. Good luck!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 2:45:29 PM

You're right about the 200 word limit haha. Thanks, good luck to you too!

0Send private message
Comment