Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

ParaPsions

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 12, 2016, 7:44:41 PM

"Minimize risk. Fight only when forced. Protect the hosts. Protect the Hosts. Protect the Hosts."

The ParaPsions are a race of creatures that live in a symbiotic relationship with the Parasitic Fungi that live within them. The Fungi feed off the energy produced within the body, and as a tradeoff, they're what give the ParaPsions hyper-intelligence.

Faction Trait: Host spread

+ When in an alliance with another faction, the Fungus spreads to the natural inhabitants of allied planets, linking the new hosts to the Fungi Mindshare, allowing both factions to gain increased resources from one another - Science/Production/Influence production are boosted while in an alliance for both parties.

-The ParaPsions have a very difficult time breeding. The spread of the fungi frequently kills their offspring before Birth, and it is incredibly difficult for them to expand as a result of this.

- Effectively eating for multiple beings all the time, the ParaPsions need large amounts of food in order to maintain their health - Penalty to food needed for population.

The ParaPsions cannot fight well, and rely on the protection of their allies to prevent them from being eradicated. The benefits that the ParaPsions bring to allies makes them worthy allies.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 4:34:23 PM

I've seen a few ideas for "symbiotic parasite" type factions. I like the ideas you have here. Can you be more specific on how they are bad at fighting? Bad ships? Bad weapons? Bad troops? Also, what happens when an Alliance is broken, does the fungus stay with the other faction, or does it die off?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 4:49:26 PM

I agree. With more description of the fighting maluses, this idea would be very great. A faction who have to make alliances to survive is perfect for this contest. I like it !

0Send private message
Comment