Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Vholonors

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 7:40:53 AM

The Vholonors

Bio

The Vholonors, a highly advanced yet strongly religious race, think of the suns as daughters of a galaxy, and mothers of their planets, or as they refer to them, Orbs. They believe they should not inhabit the Orbs, but to use their soil to endure, and to behold their beatuies, as their mother intended. They live on motherships bigger than gas giants, and, although their ships and stations consume a huge amount of their time and resources, they are made to last, making them durable, easy to improve and repair, capable of maintaining an entire civilization. With technology from their ancestors, they are able to draw and store immense amount of energies from the Orbs' mothers (suns). They do not care for Orbs corrupted by other races, but they would defend their own Orbs to their last breath. Their goal is to bring as many Orbs they can under their influence, and to protect and maintain them.

Affinity Trait

- The Orbs we adore; The Vholonors live on motherships instead of planets. FIDS depends on type of the system's sun.

- +X% bonus to certain FIDS for each Class III, IV and V planet in system. (eg. helium planets give "huge" science bonus).

- +X% influence for each Class I and II planet in owned systems. (Jungle, Terran, Ocean, Arid, Tundra).

- Approval rating is unaffected by planets, unable to terraform them.

How they should work

Each system should take a lot of resources to claim (hard to expand), but they would be rich in FIDS and a really huge bonus to influence from the start. Choosing the right system is a must, considering the bonuses. Ships cost a lot and are slow, but extremely durable, no bonuses on attack modules (really good for defense, really bad on attack). Food buildings would be modules on motherships.

Don't know if planet types and classes will work the same, but the idea should be: planets that "would be easy to inhabit" (have decent food); bonus to influence, everything else is bonus to FIDS.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 9:23:38 PM

I like the concept a lot! Pacifism being driven by religion is a unique feature to your submission. And they feel very unique with how they don't inhabit planets. However, I feel there are some inconsistencies with the lore: Would the minor factions in the empire live on their ships, or on the planets? (I'm keen on the interaction with minor factions because my submission is dependent on them). Why is it that they feel planets should be undisturbed by them, but not care for planets that other races live on? Wouldn't they want to save those planets? How does "bringing as many *planets* as they can under their influence", fit into the "pacifist diplomats" theme? I feel you have great potential based on your initial idea and lore, so you could easily build upon this.

Also, what are their traits?

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
Comment