Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Unity

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 8:09:28 AM

Description:

Unity is as much their identity as it is their philosophy.

Unity is growth. The whole cannot grow without the one, and the one cannot grow without the whole. From the individual to the society, the empire, and the entire galaxy; growth must happen on all levels. "My growth comes from Unity, and further grows the Unity."  

War hinders growth, and even reverses it. It limits it. Have the knowledge and know not to use it, but never destroy it. In destruction, you only ruin yourself and the Unity.

As xenophiles, they love exchange of all kinds. They are willing to engage and learn from all sorts, about various things. More than the allies themselves, the Unity adores what these new friends have to offer, directly or indirectly. They are even eager to encourage growth in others as much as within themselves, as they may one day gain in return. Growth is selfish and giving.

(155 words)

Affinity:

• Unification: Shared borders offer gains for the Unity as well as their potential new friends, depending on relations, even in cold war. The exact benefits can be custom tailored through Diplomacy,  -- starts with smaller defaults such as an approval bonus for each faction/empire. More options available between factions/empires in Peace or Alliance, respectively.
    • Unity gets bonus diplomacy for each boon granted to another faction/empire.
    • Their own boons are based off of what they are granting another; the more they give, the more they get. 
  • Broken borders may cancel Unification agreements. 
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 9:05:32 PM

Cool idea. Very thematic writing at the start to set the stage, though perhaps a little vague (on purpose?). I like how they are xenophiles, similar to the lore I put in my submission, but unique.

I'm unclear what you mean by "Shared borders offer gains for the Unity as well as their potential new friends"? Could you clear this up for me? Also, what are the faction's traits?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 22, 2016, 10:43:51 AM

I've sent you a message : please check your inbox (it doesn't give notifications).

Have a good day.

0Send private message
Comment