Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Synargeia

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 15, 2016, 9:36:48 AM

The Synargeia are the product of weird evolutionary process of a parasite attaching itself to a herbivore, (something akin to a moose). The 2 species continued their peaceful symbiotic relationship in life until they encountered a third species. A basic unassuming blob of goo, which the herbivore of course tried to eat. Little did it know this blob of goo was the remains of an endless, experiment on the effects of dust on fungus? The fungus attached itself to the herbivores mouth and antlers infusing the creature with dust and enhancing its brain muscles and just about anything else it could find, the creature could now even stand on 2 legs. Groups of the things got together forming large and complex society’s, using the tendrils of the parasite to communicate with each other. Soon they turned to the skies and wondered what awaits them. They call themselves the Synargeia, a cooperation of many different species working together as a whole for the greater good of all.

Faction Affinity: 

Spores of peace: for every turn at war with another faction, a 5% leech on all opposing factions’ productivity. Eg , first turns -5% of all their production goes to you, second -10%, third -15% and so on so at the 10th turn your opponents only receive half of their possible production and you receive the rest. You cannot declare war on another faction, only other factions can declare war with you. (The war has no time limited that you have to be at war with, they or you can break the war off at any time) +50% bonus to both factions when peace declared.

Faction Traits: 

Assembly of Tentacles: all planets are colonizable from the start as well as a boost of 10% approval per population unit. Negative effect planets require 2 populations to colonise (negative effect removed when appropriate Tec discovered). “A large group makes any task less daunting”

Unique Technology-Fungus cycle:  All food counts as production points.  New Fungus centres absorb all wastes and synthesise required nutarians and industrial components.  

Corporation-utopia: for every alliance, treaty or agreement a 10% increase in all resource areas.

Complex reproduction cycle: Because the organism consists of  3 separate creatures with their own unique life cycles and rate of growth it slows down the rate of reproduction immensely. Takes twice as long to reproduce as any other species. 

Synargeia symbiotic coalition.  A coalition may be established with any faction, this unifies that faction with yours. (Other Faction must agree to forum a collation). This joins your 2 empires into one empire. You share control of all resources, technology and systems. If in the case of a 2 humans players you each control half of the worlds but still share all other resources as well as tec. All of the other empires traits and affinity are carried over into the coalition. Can only form a coalition with 1 faction. (If the other spices capital is wiped out your entire empire commits mass suicide due to the grief)  

Ships of Reconciliation For every warship you own that is outside of your sphere of influence 10% production is given back to the factions you are at war with. A ship with no Military power doesn’t count.  Warships in your sphere of influence don’t count towards this.

Political Association: Pacifist. War is distasteful and hurts us.

Note from author

I believe this species will make a great addition to the game, being well-balanced with strong points and good negatives it doesn’t feel too over powered or underpowered. They would be bring an interesting dynamic to the game.  

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 16, 2016, 3:12:10 PM

Great idea. Sounds fun and unique. Some points though, your bio is too long word count-wise, you'll need to trim it down to be considered.

The main issue I see here is with their faction affinity. As it stands now the Synargeia could declare war on another faction but not actively fight them. This leaches their economy for free, and encourages the Synargeia to go to war, rather than be pacifists. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, their Coalition trait doesn't work in multiplayer game, as you shouldn't be able to steal the control of another faction. With previous Endless games, in theory all factions should be identical weather played by a human or AI, and I feel they want to preserve that for ES2. And the game breaking implications of suddenly becoming twice as strong with no cost seems unfair.

Those are my thoughts. Keep the ideas coming. I'm intrigued.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 7:36:14 AM

thanks for the feedback. you've raised a couple of good points I'll revise my ideas a bit. 

0Send private message
Comment