Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Guardians of the Spirit

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 9:31:39 AM

Abilities: this civilization can send missionary ships to other planets to convert the population to their religion. Those who become believers gain a morale boost and a gold bonus for trading with the Guardians of The Spirit, but if they declare war on the Guardians they suffer from a morale penalty and their religious population goes on strike. If a religious empire is attacked by infidels, the Guardians can proclaim a holy war against the aggressor, giving a significant morale and production boost to the believers that join the crusade. They can also issue religion-related edicts that affect their society, such as a "Golden Tickets to Paradise", which increases gold production but decreases the morale bonus, or the “Path to Salvation”, which boosts religious acceptance but decreases gold output.

Traits:

Semper Fidelis: Planets colonized by the guardians have always 100% of religious population

The Spirit is mightier: +X% influence towards other empires, -X% on warship’s stats

Witch-hunt: -X% science per turn

Ora et labora: +X% food per planet, +X% morale 

Moral support: Every empire with at least X% of religious population gains an X% morale boost and an X% food boost 

Biography 

This raccoon-like civilization has one purpose only: to serve The Spirit. At least that’s what they say. Their true objective is to control every empire through religion and to use it as a mean and not as a purpose. Their main objective is to build a powerful alliance that will shine under The Spirit banner.  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 2:31:04 PM

A cool idea. I like how their motivation is strongly religious. Puts a good twist on things, instead of being. I'm curious about a few points:

What do you mean by "Influence towards other empires is increase"? Influence is more of a resource and not really directed at anything.

Do you mean "morale" as in approval? Or are you going for morale, which strengthens units in battle, as in EL?

Specifically what do you mean by "Boosts religious acceptance"? I'm not sure if there is a mechanic in the game for tracking this.

For ideas about the game mechanics, feel free to check out my submission, with links to the game design documents.

Finally, what is their religion about? Do the worship a god or gods? Are they connected to the Endless or Dust? How are they spiritual?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 17, 2016, 8:45:36 PM
carolean7 wrote:

A cool idea. I like how their motivation is strongly religious. Puts a good twist on things, instead of being. I'm curious about a few points:

What do you mean by "Influence towards other empires is increase"? Influence is more of a resource and not really directed at anything.

Do you mean "morale" as in approval? Or are you going for morale, which strengthens units in battle, as in EL?

Specifically what do you mean by "Boosts religious acceptance"? I'm not sure if there is a mechanic in the game for tracking this.

For ideas about the game mechanics, feel free to check out my submission, with links to the game design documents.

Finally, what is their religion about? Do the worship a god or gods? Are they connected to the Endless or Dust? How are they spiritual?

Hi, thank you for reading my proposal.

Concerning influence, I mean that other empires willingness to trade with the Guardians is increased and your border growth will be boosted. For 'morale' I mean approval and for "Boosts religious acceptance" I identify the number of religious people on planets that you don't own. Their religion is about The Spirit,  the only true God and creator of the Endless. The Spirit is represented as a blue sphere that will bring good luck and prosperity to all the worshipers. 

0Send private message
Comment