Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Meganics- Master and Machine, Together Forever

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 20, 2016, 2:54:52 AM

Pacifists and Diplomats, Seeking New Friends in the Universe.

Political Ideology: Pacifistic Diplomats

Biography? (Important to Understand their Gameplay)

The Meganics are technically two different races in one. Some time ago, there lived a humble race, whose planetary ecosystem had evolved to suit them with vegetative needs, meaning little to no other creatures formed. Upon being uplifted by some old Endless tech on their planet, they were given a glimpse of life with other races, sharing a common purpose in the Cosmos. This made them yearn for friendship. Using their newfound tech and knowledge, they constructed sentient machines they simple referred to as "friends". These machines were taught love and compassion. The kindness caused them to love their creators, and they lived in harmony. This eventually led to what they called "The Union", where every organic member was happily conjoined with their machine in willing, caring union. They decided a new name to fit this new race, the "Meganics" This helped them live longer, and advance their technical prowess to include space travel, colonization, and new exciting ways to spend time with and make new friends. Soon, they were ready to head for the stars, their unified eyes not on conquest or wealth, but on meeting new friends in the galaxy.

Gameplay:

Affinity: Lust for Friends

Meganics have a bonus based on the amount of alliances they have and create. The idea is to have a stacking bonus that gives them a population happiness booster for every alliance they have. This could also be spread to increase the research speed or decrease the cost of improvements or techs that have to deal with alliances or raising happiness. If there are drawbacks, it could be an increase in the cost of war based tech and improvements, as well as happiness decreases for any wars declared. They should also be unable to declare war, like the Roving Clans from Endless Legend.

Gameplay: Diplomatic

Playing the Meganics, would mean focusing on making friends, not killing them. Meganic advancements would favor the use of non-hostile tech. The goal would be to keep colonies happy and productive. This would also mean trying to ally with as many other factions as possible, as the inability to declare war and lackluster fighting capabilities compared to the other factions, would make things difficult for the Meganics if they come across Cravers, or some other race who would rather flex their muscles than make friends. To make the Meganics not feel like a burden, they should have better benefits for factions who ally with them than your normal alliance. Playing the Meganics should be like playing a living buff. Otherwise, other factions will see the Meganics as sort of a parasite, which would defeat the purpose of their non-hostile nature. Playing the Meganics, should feel like playing a pacifistic race, who just want to be loved. 

Alternatives to War:

I have thought on what could make up for the lack of declaring war. I have come up with two varying solutions. Solution A: A Trait or ability to raise small minor faction fleets to help deal with combat. The idea is that they would act similarly to Mercenary Armies in Endless Legend, where they would have no indication as to who they belong to, and can raid freely. This has it's flaws, as keen players could pick up on a Meganic Empire using free roaming mercenaries. Solution B: A trait like the Draken in Endless Legend, where they could force a peace. This could help them in desperate times against bad odds. The drawback, would be a heavy cost and cooldown.

Thank you for reading this far into my idea, and I hope you enjoyed it. I didn't know exactly how traits worked, or what traits are going to be in the game, so I hope the information under gameplay can give you an idea on how they should work, and what traits would best suit them.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 20, 2016, 3:43:46 AM

Hey There. Interesting submission. I'm intrigued. My biggest concern gameplay-wise is one I've been echoing to a few other submission: that this faction can't declare war. I make the case why in a later post in my submission. Basically, there should be an alternative if war is off the table. Also, I've seen a dev mention that if something in your submission isn't gameplay-related it will be counted as lore, so the "physiology" section may count to put you over the word limit? Or maybe you'll be fine.

I like the concept and visuals though! This could also fit well in part II of the contest. Cool stuff!  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 20, 2016, 3:56:04 AM
carolean7 wrote:

Hey There. Interesting submission. I'm intrigued. My biggest concern gameplay-wise is one I've been echoing to a few other submission: that this faction can't declare war. I make the case why in a later post in my submission. Basically, there should be an alternative if war is off the table. Also, I've seen a dev mention that if something in your submission isn't gameplay-related it will be counted as lore, so the "physiology" section may count to put you over the word limit? Or maybe you'll be fine.

I like the concept and visuals though! This could also fit well in part II of the contest. Cool stuff!  

I have thought on what you said, and will now edit it to include a solution to the problem you have brought up. I thank you for your feedback.

0Send private message
Comment