logo amplifiers simplified

The Shattered (A Space Nomad)

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 22, 2016, 6:17:12 AM

The Shattered  

The Refugee

In Short: 

A Space nomad, Living on a gigantic capital ship which was a disarmed weapon of mass destruction. 

Gameplay revolt around deploying orbital platform to aid other factions  &  while generating  &  &  to the player.

Unique Trait & Gameplay

Main Victory Type: Quest, Diplomacy

• The faction live in an enormous capital ship. Which acted as mobile orbital drydock and center of their government.
  • No  and
  • Cannot colonize systems. However...
    • Using  from orbiting system. Their capital ships can be deployed into production mode . Allowing various actions while becoming stationary.
      • Deploy orbital platform on the system. Providing the owner with Bonus  &  which in turn generate  &  &  back to the player.
        • Each platform can be upgraded to become specialized in some way. ( Ex. Can upgrade to be a Trade hub, Research station, Media center, Orbital defense etc.)
        • Can be deployed on unowned systems providing passive .
      • Construct a new ship to aid in their journey.
      • Build improvements for their capital ship.
      • Later, they can construct another capital ship. Acting as a proxy drydock and auxiliary government.

This may conflict with a pacifist theme, but I may have some alternate way to 'pacify' other factions, though.

• Their platform can be refitted with military modules and either be a safeguard for their planets. Or a method to 'ensure' their cooperation.
  • Referring to the faction's bio. Their capitals can either be upgraded to support trading and diplomacy. Or can be refitted to their former purpose.

Biography

Scavenging the debris of their fractured homeworld. The people of <Former Faction Name> has witnessed countless violent conflicts since the day they were born.

Until the day their leader proposed a project of constructing an enormous orbital weapon platform to ensure their supremacy over their warring faction.

The platform does it purpose, the remnants of their enemy retreated into an underground complex housing an unknown concrete device.

In celebration for the end of their generations-long war, the leader ordered a last orbital strike as the final blow to their enemy. And their world...

The salvo destabilizes the Temple of the Earth's Core and all living <Former Faction Name> stationed on the platform watch in horror as their planet crust began to crack open.

Now, living on the very device that brings the end of their world. Calling themselves the Shattered

They travel among the stars with their doomsday device as a remembrance for their past mistake and to warn other sentient beings of fate they would face if they insist on their mindless conflicts.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 3:13:34 AM

Bluecreeper101 wrote:

Ummmm can you please change the name? Your kind of copying me......

No Plagiarization intended. I'm sorry for not found the duplication sooner, haven't read others creations when I submitted this thread.

I'll edit their name to prevent misdirection with yours . But I cannot change the Thread's subject, They only allow me to edit the message.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 1:56:18 PM

Cool idea. I love their backstory and motivations. I have some questions about the specifics of how their nomadic nature works gameplay-wise.

• Are native populations included in their empire? i.e. do they participate in the senate and do they contribute to FIDS production?
  • I've seen the devs mention elsewhere that system ownership can't be shared. So does building the orbital platforms make that system owned by the Shattered? Or not? How does this work?
  • Is the Mothership a ship, in that it participates in space battles? Or does it behave more like a planet, in that it can be invaded and captured like a homeworld?

Keep it up!  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 8:16:58 PM
ARLeader wrote:

Bluecreeper101 wrote:

Ummmm can you please change the name? Your kind of copying me......

No Plagiarization intended. I'm sorry for not found the duplication sooner, haven't read others creations when I submitted this thread.

I'll edit their name to prevent misdirection with yours . But I cannot change the Thread's subject, They only allow me to edit the message.

Thank you, didn't mean to sound rude, a shame we can't change titles. I like the submission nevertheless!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 4:53:57 AM
carolean7 wrote:

Cool idea. I love their backstory and motivations. I have some questions about the specifics of how their nomadic nature works gameplay-wise.

• Are native populations included in their empire? i.e. do they participate in the senate and do they contribute to FIDS production?
  • I've seen the devs mention elsewhere that system ownership can't be shared. So does building the orbital platforms make that system owned by the Shattered? Or not? How does this work?
  • Is the Mothership a ship, in that it participates in space battles? Or does it behave more like a planet, in that it can be invaded and captured like a homeworld?

Keep it up!  

Regarding your questions.

1.  Population Resources
    1. The political system in ES2 should not be affected by the faction mechanic. It can be played as the same as other factions.
    2. Population - I leave them as a faction negative factor. Since the platfom will mine every planets on the system (With -% if required tech is no researched)
    3. Maybe the platform deployment could require a population which passively generated. But that seem to over-complicated their gameplay. (Quite the same as the Cultists, They have to be picky about their platform deployment in order to be able to compete with other factions)
  2. Borders
    1. This faction cannot own a system, thus no border influence victory for them :(
    2. The platform act like a normal unit. To counter their lack of border. The bonus from playform should be good enough for other factions to consider letting you settle in their systems.
  3. Mothership
    1. The Mothership will be mainly treated as a unit. It combat & economic capability can be improved by building tech improvements when stationed on a system.
    2. It would be destroyed in case of defeats. But the attacker really need to commit their forces to overcome its defense & firepower.
    3. Lorewise, its massive size could leave them vulnerable to siege weapons but this will be followed with more design choices regarding siege combats
      1. For the fortification HP, the mothership could be too powerful to be destroyed in space battle & Invasion unless their fortification HP is low enough.
      2. Land(?) Invasion - If they managed to bring the fortification HP down to that level, I think the attacker has already wn. They could just send in their combat fleet and blew it up.

The more I write this, the more I found that this faction is essentially a space Cultists.

0Send private message
Comment