Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Saviors - Time Travelling Peacemakers

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 4:24:53 AM

In the last days of a galaxy torn apart by war and famine, the Council of Granbor met and decided to break their most sacred law.  They would utilize the Bardduhpop Device to send a colony ship to the past in an attempt to stop the Great War that would eventually destroy the galaxy.  They knew that their decision to become the saviors of the galaxy would forever change the course of history, but would it be for the better?

Faction Affinities/Mechanics

Time Travel

Using massive amounts of Dust, the Saviors can manipulate time to materialize physical objects from their alternate future

• Ships - The Council may design ships using modules that they have not unlocked.  These ships may only be produced using Dust, with the cost being determined based on their normal cost and how far in the future the tech lies.
  • System Improvements - The Council build system improvements they have not unlocked.  These may only be produced using Dust, with the cost being determined based on their normal cost and how far in the future the tech lies. 
  • The entire galaxy is visible at the begining of the game.

Arbitrators

Knowing the horrors of war, the Saviors refuse to partake, focusing efforts on negotiating peace

• Cannot declare War or attack Minor Factions
  • Negative approval in a state of War
  • All Diplomacy-related tech unlocked at game start
  • Diplomacy bonuses dealing with factions that are not in wars
  • May offer Truces and Treaties between 3rd-parties using their resources

Quest

The Saviors are looking to stop a chain of events that, they believe, started the Great War that destroyed the galaxy....

Ships

Ships are defensive-focused with few or no weapon slots.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 4:34:19 AM

Wow. Dude. You are exploding my brain right now! I'm sorry you are so late in the submission process and only have 12 hours left to get votes. Not sure how easy it would be to balance the game around such a faction, but the idea is just so cool sounding!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 5:01:37 AM
carolean7 wrote:

Not sure how easy it would be to balance the game around such a faction...

Thanks!  Yeah I got in a little late :( .

My thoughts on balancing are...

1.  The war restriction is a pretty big detriment.  They have to play the long game.

2.  The key is getting the Dust cost of the future-tech right.  Stuff that is super advanced would be very expensive to produce (with Dust) and you wouldn't have the resources to go nuts early in the game...

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 8:18:25 AM

I agree that not being able to declare war is rough, maybe have them be able to auto win fights for a dust cost?  In my submission I made my people be Nomads so they don't suffer the usual draw backs of not being able to declare war. 

Maybe you could also have a mechanic to settle planets you don't have the tech for.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 25, 2016, 8:33:13 PM
balancer12 wrote:

Maybe you could also have a mechanic to settle planets you don't have the tech for.

I had a rough draft where they had access to more tech but it felt too much like the Sophons.  I wanted to focus more on the physical stuff, rather than the abilities.  Also, that ability would make them crazy good at expansion, which isn't the character I was going for...

0Send private message
Comment