Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The great list of submissions and where to find them

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Sep 19, 2016, 5:21:35 PM
darkath wrote:
Hinin wrote:

It is quite sad that 3/4 of the voters only look at 3 or 4 submissions : the least popular have numbers of views several times lower that those of the first ones.

Also, I have the impression that people still forget that it is possible to vote for several submissions : it quite a shame, and it reminds me of things I don't want to remember...

All the subsmissions are in this very stickied thread though, so people don't need to click on each thread to view the submissions. 

Thus, it seems normal to me that the view count are proportional to the vote count (if you already know who you're going to vote for from the sticky thread, you only click on the threads you'll vote for)

Also i believe the view count is absolute number of views, not unique views per user, so threads where there is more discussion will have more views because people come to these threads several times.

It is the absolute number of views rather than unique views. so each time I check up on each thread when a new comment comes in, it is 1 new view.

Every time I come on during the day to check my own thread its a couple of views, although I'm not sure, because I have a pinned tab that I reload for my own page so I don't know if that counts as a view.

This thread here actually has the highest view count and it starts with a summary of the Submissions - so almost every viewer I guess has actually SEEN every submission.

Like a voter should be.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 1:36:29 PM

First submission, by Kartuo!

(click on the picture to be taken to the thread to vote for this submission!)

Civilians - green parts are their natural body, they is wearing toga. They have no face, only eyes (6 to 10). On the top is crown of branches and that orb is their soul or mind (changes color depending on mood).

Military - they should be twice or triple times bigger than civilians. Their body is merged with armour. Sometimes they replace their body with weapon. Eyes are around head giving them 360 degrees view. Their crowns are smaller.

About all ships - the green parts are glasshouse where organic parts of Unfallen exist. During the battle glass is protected by armour plates. Lines with x are places where weapons could be placed.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 1:45:47 PM

Second submission, by DigitalHawk96!

Ships: The vast Unfallen ships, with their twisted and gnarled appearance incorporate inorganic materials such as stone, metal and built structures throughout the living wood superstructure. Powered by large solar sails rather than conventional engines that serve both to sustain the living ship and push it through the void of space.

Civilian: "Unfallen posses 5 glowing eyes, a unifying feature among them. Their growth is limitless to some extent, while some prefer to remain small, tens of metres high; others will swell into immense beings hundreds of metres high with as many appendages, leg(s) and limbs as they see fit."

Military: "Many older and certainly larger Unfallen cloak themselves in a “mane of leaves” and develop natural clothing, serving as a symbol of status, appeal and role. They tend to fuse gems, ores, metals and parts of Endless ruins into their frame which lends both to aesthetic value and protective purposes."

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 1:51:14 PM

Third submission, by Koradji!

Civilian: The worker Unfallen can grow varied appendages for different tasks, has specialized sensory leaves, while mineral cores house the higher mental faculties.

Military: With age, growth moves to the back appendage of the worker until the warrior form has fully formed, while the worker appendage wastes. Hard bark and wooden spikes grow to help with defense, rather than offense.

Ships: The smallest ship is formed by a single elder Unfallen, while larger ships are made by more and more individuals. The technological parts meld with the mineral cores of the Unfallen to create and operate the systems of the ships, like thrusters, weaponry, etc.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 1:56:30 PM

Fourth submission, by Celeir!

According to description, different Unfallen units are just evolving stages of the same entity, so: civilian -> soldier -> fighter -> medium ship -> large ship -> battle station (not present).

Both civilian and soldier are very knotted pieces of living tree, shaped similarly to crystal. Their faces are glowing tears, color may vary. They fly above the ground in strong energy field generated by body. Their hands are separated from body, are artificial and controlled by that field too. Between branches are barely visible organs that create intoxicating smoke (if needed).

Civilians beautify themselves with ribbons (like WH40K Honor Badges, but because of field they hang upside down) to show their age, wealth and origin. Soldiers are more effuse and carve themselves with tracery to imprint their deeds.

Ships hulls are visually similar to jellyfish: thick head and quite soft tentacles/branches (large ships have few thick zones but it’s often for distraction of enemy only). Hulls loose structure successfully impedes enemy aiming, and wood is very vulnerable but damaged brunches are quickly replaced by new ones.

Ships defense modules are hidden in branches. Guns are separated from hull and controlled by energy fields.

(note: additional references were provided which Celeir is welcome to add to their own thread, but can't be part of this submission)

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 2:07:35 PM

Fifth submission, by Hinin!

Civilian and Soldier : Created by the sorrowful dreams of Jionoia, a virtual Endless whose mind has been broken by the Dust Wars, the Unfallen are fully sentient beings who are subconsciously connected to their creator. As long as they keep their individuality, symbolized by stylized carved masks, the Saplings are incapable of any aggressive action but can appear as manipulative to other races, mostly due to their use of globs of dust and spores to pacify potential foes. Each Sapling is unique and combine the characteristics of several plants (the full moon maple and the lantern berry for this civilian, the ebony tree and the sunflower for this soldier) : as a consequence, other races are usually fascinated by their beauty and their diversity.

When feeling threatened, a Sapling can make the terrible choice of losing its connection to its creator to unleash the full potential of its organism : becoming an actual weapons platform or fusing its soul into a tree-ship, it is thenceforth considered as tragically sacrificed for the sake of its species.

Light ships Achene : Infused with a single soul, they are used en masse and act as protective screens against more powerful ships.

Medium ships Osier : Ships optimized to possess strong armor while using far more reactors and weaponry than other ships of their size, they act as spearheads for the Unfallen fleets.

Large ships Yggdrasil : Infused with dozens of souls, the endurance of these massive tree-ships is unparalleled in the galaxy, allowing them to act as the ultimate support platform for protecting Unfallen worlds.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 2:10:28 PM

Sixth submission, by Uriak!

Most Unfallen only keep vestigial foliage for esthetic reasons. Using their advanced bio grafting, they use artificial elements to enhance their limited vision audio amplifiers to communicate with other species. The older they are, the more sedentary they become until turning into almost still leaders.

Middle aged Unfallen, they compensate their lack of mobility with sharply defensive tactics. These behemoths wield both weapons and shields sized for vehicles. Their bio synth armor notwithstanding their specific physiology makes them very resilient. When entrenched and fighting for their kin they are a tough nut to crack.

Ships

The smallest and expendable crafts or missiles are not grown from Unfallen but related species modified for this usage. With their rudimentary intelligence, they provide and efficient and affordable squadrons, protecting the genuine Unfallen elders.

Elders destined to become ships are grafted unto synthetic skeletons then covered in space grade plating while they achieve the desired size in orbit. Bio Steel armor is then added to protect the main weapon systems while the tree itself house the power generation and other vital functions. Their regeneration feats are quite exaggerated, but they can quickly seal non lethal breachs. 

There is a limit to what is ethically achievable with only one elder. The largest Unfallen ships are made from several elders who share this burden. Each part of those massive ships communicate and work together while managing their own equipment. Unfallen are pacifists but not naïve : speak softly, and carry a big stick indeed

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 2:13:05 PM

Seventh submission, by BlackBird1696!

Civilian: The civilian Unfallen are supported by many small, yet dexterous, woody vine-like tendrils that distribute their weight..

Soldier: The soldier's arm cannon and eye contain organic lenses used to fire energy attacks and, in the case of the cannon arm, hydro-compression ballistics to fire kinetic projectiles.

Unfallen ships are incredibly old Unfallen grown form their sapling stage into mighty wyrm-like starships meant to delve into the unknown and defend their species and its allies.
SPRIG (100m): The Sprig is lightly armed but has a fair amount of armor for defense, making it tough to take down.

ARBOR (300m): Heavily armed and even more heavily armored, the Arbor is the backbone of the Unfallen's stellar defense fleet.

GIGAN (1000m): The largest of the Unfallen ships, while the Gigan may not look like it, it is the most heavily armored out of all other Unfallen vessels. Its vines are no longer woody but instead metallic. This is due to the Gigan's body being comprised of organic carbon nano tubes and many different kinds of metals on a molecular level. While not invincible, with its resultant maneuverability, damage resistance, and fire power, the Gigan is a deadly threat to those who wish to threaten the peace of the Unfallen.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 2:16:14 PM

Eigth submission, by Wheyloffle!

Civilian: The people of the Unfallen have bright, light blue leaves, can be up to 6 to over 30 meters in height, use refractory crystals like glasses to improve their eyesight, and get the nutrients they need by moving their "feet" through the ground, obtaining nutrients and moisture as they move.

Military: The Unfallen marines typically mold themselves into visually intricate armor-plated shells and prefer triped and quadraped forms for stability and agility during combat. These giants can tower beyond 60 meters in height. Their leaves are protected under the back of the shell, which lets light in, but keeps shrapnel out.

Small ship (Maiden): Going along with a theme of "mother" nature, the ships have feminine names. Maiden being additionally fitting for the smallest ship as it is the "maiden voyage" when compared to bigger, better future ships. The Maiden class uses a tree knot on its side as a port and hangar.

Medium ship (Reine): Reine meaning queen in French, this sleek ship offers more tree knots for hangar bay storage and additional spherical turret placements. These fully pivotal, independently firing turrets are more than practical and certainly unique, but are also designed to add to the beauty of the sight of the Unfallen ships.

Large ship (Matriarch): The Matriarch; the culmination of the Unfallen's pursuit for beauty and elegance during battle. She hosts numerous onboard ecosystems to keep water and nutrient flow properly recycled throughout the ship for its crew's "food" while boasting even more knot hangars, turrets, firepower, and armor than all other ship classes combined.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 2:19:54 PM

Ninth submission, by Radlawnmower!

Civilian: Mind controlling pollen

Harmony between machine and nature

flower filaments connectors

Mucalinda petals

The Unfallen bows down and unfurls their petals to unveil the "civilian" form

Arms rotate around the halo ring

Military: Meant to make the flower bud a more spiral shape, but I kind of forgot.

I feel like I'll need to clarify this. That right "arm" is a gun/cannon.

Small Ship

Propulsion on back side of the "shields".

Medium Ship

Turrets rotate around the ring.

Jet propulsion at both ends of the ship.

Large ship

Weapons systems to be placed on the forward portion of the ship where the indentations are.

The flower on all these ships are the Unfallen as the merge with the machine.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 1:29:55 PM

Hey guys and gals!

Here are all entries competing for one of three spots in the grand finals. They are displayed in order of submission, with the first submission received being the first displayed. Entries that aren't hosted in a thread created by a member of the Dev team aren't part of the contest (you always have someone who forgets about deadlines or missed the window altogether... and in that case, sorry, but the rules are the rules!).

Each submission will be followed by a link dedicated to it alone, where you'll be able to ask questions from its author. The author will also be able to add more material if they so wish (descriptions or additional pictures), but only what is on the submission image will be considered canon for the purposes of the contest. Extra elements are more "the author's vision at that point in time" and will not necessary influence design or the contest further.

You can vote for any and all that you favor, and add or revoke your vote at any one time. To vote for a submission, click on it to be taken to its dedicated thread, and contribute your G2G points to its score by clicking on the G2G icon in the top right of the thread, as shown below:

The selection period ends on the 28th of September, with the top 3 contestants being drawn into a final vote!

Good luck to the submissions, and most of all, have fun!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 3:20:04 PM

Dear god, this will be tough. There are three of them that I really, really like. 

Well done, guys! WELL DONE!

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 3:25:53 PM
Nasarog wrote:

So many good choices. I am conflicted!!!

Easy: do it like me and vote for all of them, leave the burden of choice to someone else.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 4:51:12 PM

Sad to see that Khaar, ColWolf77, and Mithrill did not submit in time or did not qualify for some reason?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 5:00:46 PM

I'm glad to see description in there, but it kills me to see the messier version up. It's definitely not the foot I want to lead on. I only have myself to blame, though and it makes for a fitting punishment.

Please look at my comment in my my entry to see a cleaner and better image.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 5:01:21 PM

Godammit, how are we supposed to choose between these amazing designs?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 7:15:27 PM
EndlessCrashes wrote:

Sad to see that Khaar, ColWolf77, and Mithrill did not submit in time or did not qualify for some reason?

Gutted I couldn't finish my entry, I got hammered for work this week and had to spend a lot of it away from home. Looking at these entries though I'm happy to see so many impressive and creative ideas. I agree it's going to be hard to pick between them all.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 16, 2016, 8:00:41 PM

I just didn't have anything more than I shown you-only this two sketches. Anyway, I've sent them to Amplitude;  I don't know what they will do with it.

0Send private message
Comment