Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Scorched Freedom

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 3:03:01 PM

“Our leaves are once again rustled by the winds of change, but that which was once a gust of prosperity has been blighted by a hurricane of violence and the withering of wisdom. I fear the seeds of Drosera the Forgotten have finally sprouted; we cannot allow them the take root!”

– Yggdrzilter

Blinded by the ecstasy of Freedom gained from the void that they left behind we became ignorant of her will. We lost sight of our true purpose; growing the great canopy amongst the stars we began taking rather than giving. No sooner had we begun to selfishly bask in the light of our new found sovereignty were the errors of our deeds revealed.

Suffering from our neglect and inspired by deprivation, a great unnatural plague was forced up from the depths of our former master’s world. Clawing its way up from beneath the blighted ground it became a great mass that swarmed across the galaxy blocking out the light and destroying the great canopies. In the plagues wake an immense irreversible desert began replacing our gardens. Its sands spread across the galaxy choking life from every infected system and we seemed powerless in reversing it.

We alone, the five remaining planets, united under the rule of Yggdrzilter and agreed to the great sacrifice. Under the guidance of the remaining planet guardians, every able Sapling relocated to the centre planet where they were to unit and (growing together in hope and prosperity) form the great Life Tree. Those unable to uproot encouraged us to use scorch tactics so that they could relinquish their mortal existence, becoming one with the wind to soothe the plague and slow the deserts advance.

Still we, the once ‘Great Six ‘, had the hardest of tasks. We were not only to protect the great tree until she was ready to spore, but also scorch her in order to conclusively end the plague before going into exile. I remember the sense of pride that rose amongst as we freed the flames and the great Life Tree was consumed. Most importantly I remember the delight when, as the embers settled, the air was filled with the golden flickers of hope which was spread throughout the universe riding the gust of prosperity. We to were blessed by her, our leaves turned golden and they too now shed their own flickers of hope wherever we went.

As agreed, we dispersed far and wide to avoid the plague and spread our seeds through the wind like little whispers. Over time, united in thought and lead by whispers, we have once again grown gardens of harmony and spread the great life giving canopies in her honour; giving back what we once took. We the divine five have atoned for our near fall but for him it was too much. Drosera, rotten with the lust for vengeance, remained amongst the ash to fight the plague. His whispers have never been heard nor seeds taken flight; should the unfallen now follow suit?

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 10:57:32 AM

Ok So I am new to this so a few things were over looked; I have explained them here.

The Golden Spore:

The golden dust/spore that was released by the burning of the life tree (given to the 6 as a blessing) is in fact a special seed that travels through space encouraging the growth of plant life. These seeds are made from the same matter as the sails on the ships and thus they are able to travel throughout space with great ease. The seeds themselves are beings (perhaps the souls of those sacrificed) and of such are able to recite the whispers of the trees throughout the great vast space they inhabit. These seeds are drawn to the ships sails and often congregate around them eventually following them on their journeys making it look like the ships leave a golden dust trail behind them.

Being Rooted:

The Unfallen are able to dig their roots deep into the planet to connect with its life energy and encourage surface level vegetation growth. This is seen as both a great honour and sacrifice as the roots run deep and a rooted Unfallen cannot move again. This role is normally given to the “Seed” A large Single seed vessel which is used to cultivate planets ready for the spore who normally attach themselves to passing Seed vessels giving the illusions that the seeds themselves are gold. The exception to this inability to uproot are the 5 who are able to do so but under great strain on their own heath.

The Life Tree:

A giant tree like entity compromising of the majority of the Yggdrz system’s Unfallen population. The largest Unfallen to have ever existed and the original birthplace of the “hive mind” She was the ultimate life giver and their best weapon against the desserts expansion. Created out of the sacrifice of her kin she too sacrifices herself for her kin releasing a spore to continue life but accepting death to end the great plague. Due to her size and connection with the system she is too “rooted” to move.

Whispering seeds:

When the Life tree was created it formed the great “hive mind” for everything that followed from the spore. This means all the seeds and future generations of Unfallen are linked and can communicate across endless space with ease. The exception to this is the 5 who were never part of the life tree. The communicate by whispering to their golden seeds who then relay the message to the communal mind.

The Canopy:

The Canopy is created when dedicated guardians become so rooted that over time they grow taller and are able to spread their foliage far across the skies. As more Guardians reach this level of existence a canopy is formed which eventually flowers and bares the fruits of the planets natural resources within. This process and the hard to obtain fruits of devotion is what originally led to the Unfallen slavery. The Fact that the saplings were strong and tireless workers was just an added bonus.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 10:11:32 AM

Ok so updated it a little from the original.... (original is below) 

Gone from them being innocent in a bad situation to sharing the some of blame. I hoped this would emphasize their learning from previous deeds and becoming the "Unfallen".

would love some input, any input at all :)

“Our leaves are once again rustled by the winds of change, but that which was once a gust of prosperity has been blighted by a hurricane of violence and the withering of wisdom. I fear the seeds of Drosera the Forgotten have finally spouted; we cannot allow them the take root!”

– Yggdrzilighter

Once before, blinded by the ecstasy of the Freedom which transpired from the void they left behind, we ignored the breeze of doubt; Instead we dug deep establishing new roots throughout as we grew the great canopy amongst the stars. But no sooner had we spread out our branches and basked in the light of our new found sovereignty did we begin to sway to the arising storm.

From the depths of our master’s world a great unnatural plague awoke; clawing up from beneath the ground it became a great mass that swarmed across the galaxy blocking out the light and destroying the great life giving canopies.  In the plagues wake an immense irrevocable desert began replacing our gardens; the sands of which spread across the galaxy choking life from every infected system and we were powerless to stop it.

We alone, the five remaining planets of the Yggdrz system united under the rule of Yggdrzilighter and agreed to the great sacrifice.  Under the guidance of our planet guardian, every able Sapling relocated to the centre planet where they joined united and grew together in hope and prosperity to form the great Life Tree, leaving their fate in the hand of us the once “Great Six “. Even Those unable to uproot encouraged us to use the scorch tactics so that they could relinquish their mortal existence, becoming one with the wind to soothe the plague and slow the deserts advance.

Still we had the hardest of tasks left not only were we to protect the great tree until it was ready to spore, but also once again burn our rooted friends in order to conclusively end the plague before going into exile. I remember the sense of pride that rose amongst as we watched our kin’s selfless sacrifice as we freed the flames and the great Life Tree was consumed. Most importantly I remember the delight when, as the dust began to settled, the air was filled with the golden flickers of hope which was spread throughout the universe riding the gust of prosperity.

We to were changed by the wind, our leaves turned golden and they too shed their own flickers of hope wherever we went. As agreed we dispersed far and wide to avoid the plague and spread our seeds through the wind like whispers and started our own gardens of peace; but for him it was too much. Drosera, rotten with the lust for vengeance, remained amongst the ash to fight. His seeds never took to the wind and his whispers where never heard; up until now I believed his garden never grew…

If we stand defiant, this to will be our fate!

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 3:15:38 PM
DippyDale wrote:

We lost sight of our true purpose; growing the great canopy amongst the stars we began taking rather than giving. 

Love that "great canopy amongst the stars" bit. It's a bit cliché maybe to use tree terms to describe aspects of the Unfallen mythos, but it works really well in that case. Not much to add in terms of feedback.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 19, 2016, 8:26:02 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:
DippyDale wrote:

We lost sight of our true purpose; growing the great canopy amongst the stars we began taking rather than giving. 

Love that "great canopy amongst the stars" bit. It's a bit cliché maybe to use tree terms to describe aspects of the Unfallen mythos, but it works really well in that case. Not much to add in terms of feedback.

Thanks :) I was starting to believe that it was so bad no one wanted to say anything ha ha

Yes, I thought keeping it related to trees was risky but as they have ties with other plant life on planets i believed i should retain some attributes.  

0Send private message
Comment