Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

In search of the Primordial Seed

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 8:53:15 PM

"In the depths of time, the Endless artificially created a sphere with no imperfection.

It was the smoothest orb that ever existed, a flawless piece of technology supposed to be indestructible.

They made it endure even the most extreme experiences without any noticeable result.

Proud of there creation, the Endless expounded it on one of the most famous plazas in the galaxy.

The years passed and the influx of visitors who come to admire the jewel grew steadily. But one day, everything suddenly changed. The Endless, that have stated that the sphere was inalterable, were wrong. Whenever someone approached it, a fragment of his soul was stolen and imprisoned.

Over time, the orb became brighter and without them noticing, the Primordial Seed was born.

The most talented scientists resolved to examine the object again, injured in their ego by their mistake. They took it off its pedestal and carried it throughout the city. However, when they were crossing the Central Garden the orb awoke. It spread a terrifying amount of energy in a huge maelstrom of flashes and lights. Time was like suspended. All that was nearby found itself caught up in the power of the event.

The chaos intensified and the very surface of the planet was forever transformed, recovered by lush vegetation. It was as if the sphere has been inspired by the Central Garden and have reproduced it over the whole surface of the world.

The unbearable phenomenon eventually broke the integrity of the Primordial Seed which shattered into numerous pieces.

Each of these small shards contained so much energy that when a handful of them found itself stuck in the fledgling flora it became animated..."

Syllix stares at his younger brothers, observes their reactions. He senses their excitement in the bond they share. One of them raises his arm.

_ Yes Fraxinus ? Syllix asks.

_ Professor, those shards are the same as ours?

_ Indeed, every Unfallen carries five shards of the Primordial Seed in his bark. They are our legacy, we can feel each other thanks to them, we are all linked to the Primordial Seed through them.

_ But, the Primordial Seed is no more isn't She ?

Syllix feels his apprehension.

_ She lives within everyone of you. She will be eternal as long as you continue to grow and others after you. Listen to me, he adds. Some will tell you we have to expand, to conquer in order to rebuild the Primordial Seed. They might be true, however, and i fear it, they also may be wrong. The link we share is a gift but it is also a burden. It prevents you from thinking entirely on your own. Try, experiment, learn from both your success and your failures, for the sake of the Unfallen.

An officer enters.

_ My Lord, the fleet awaits you.

_ I know, Syllix answers.

He leaves the room on his way to a task that disgusts him. He just hopes that these young people will not repeat the mistakes of their elders.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 9:03:19 PM

Here is my humble  contribution.

I've not had much time to write it with all the work these past weeks but i really wanted to be part of the event. I guess i will now take time to read other contributions, i'm sure they are all high quality works :)

Feel free to give your opinion on my story, i'll be glad to discuss any points with you, i always want to improve myself.

That said, at first glance i overestimated the 500 words cap. Thinking that might be too much. However, after a few words written on my paper notes, the flow was almost endless (:p) and i hardly stopped at 499 words (counted them myself) !

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
Comment