Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Apr 26, 2018, 12:09:14 AM

Thanks for the consideration everyone! Good luck! :D

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 27, 2018, 1:13:00 AM

Haha thanks! So I would just like to say that I did put a lot of thought into the name for this faction, Recondite obviously means something in our language, but I also imagine that this race whoever or whatever they might be have similar names in all the other languages of the alien races in the galaxy. I chose Expanse because if I were a non-corporeal species, I would think in terms of volumetric expansion :p I don't want to flesh it out any more than that because I'd obviously like to provide the framework and let the Devs fill in the rest. 

The Recondite Expanse is, could be, many different things, to many different races, I find their existence to be quite nebulous ;)

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 30, 2018, 10:02:11 AM

I like it. Even shortened at "the expense" it sounds quiet well. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 2, 2018, 10:19:12 AM

I like this, more as just 'The Recondite', although this has the issue of being a name more likely to be given to the faction rather than one they chose for themselves.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 5, 2018, 1:21:42 AM

It could increase the mystique of the faction to only have the name given to them by others, rather than themsleves though. Sorta like how hiveminds in other scifi settings are known by names given to them.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 6, 2018, 12:46:35 AM
Hypnoncatrice wrote:

It could increase the mystique of the faction to only have the name given to them by others, rather than themsleves though. Sorta like how hiveminds in other scifi settings are known by names given to them.

Exactly! The idea is that nobody knows their real name, but if you found the median interpretation you'd end up with "The Recondite Expanse"

0Send private message
Comment