Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ciay-Erel

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Apr 26, 2018, 5:06:07 AM

A suitably cryptic alien name for a cryptic alien. The origins of the name came not from the race itself, but from the first Endless scientist who 'discovered' them, living near the rim of black holes. Previously thought to be inhospitable, only the Ciay-Erel can survive by becoming what was thought of to be 'proto-virtual' state. The introduction of Dust has allowed them to survive anywhere else other than the rim of black holes.

To the Ciay-Erel themselves, life was quite dull before the Endless discovered them. Their entire universe was limited to the dark crushing edge of the singularity, desperately clinging far enough that they don't get sucked into the event horizon, but not too far that their ephemereal bodies dissipate completely in the vaccuum of space. Now that they know that there were a whole universe available to them, they hunger for more knowledge. No information too minuscule nor too encompassing for them.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 4, 2018, 12:51:14 AM

Can you write it in IPA so I know how to pronounce it? I imagine something like Tolkien's Sindarin, but I can't be sure. Is it "see-ay ee-reel", "ki-ae ae-rel" or what? The Amplitude team usually makes names that are fairly easy to guess on their pronunciations (salvo a few minor faction names).

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 4, 2018, 5:10:33 AM
Drakonyan wrote:

Can you write it in IPA so I know how to pronounce it? I imagine something like Tolkien's Sindarin, but I can't be sure. Is it "see-ay ee-reel", "ki-ae ae-rel" or what? The Amplitude team usually makes names that are fairly easy to guess on their pronunciations (salvo a few minor faction names).

It's the first one, "See-ay-err-ell" or similar.

0Send private message
Comment