Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Panopticons (Ancient greek for The All-Seeing, explanation inside)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
May 2, 2018, 6:57:31 PM

As they are older than (or as old as) the endless, they could have spied on the universe from afar, but also from its center!  

That is why I am bringing to you The Panopticons (sounds like decepticons yeah I know). But I have something to illustrate my point.

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building and a system of control designed by the English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century. The scheme of the design is to allow all (pan-) inmates of an institution to be observed (-opticon) by a single watchman without the inmates being able to tell whether or not they are being watched

Although it is physically impossible for the single watchman to observe all the inmates' cells at once, the fact that the inmates cannot know when they are being watched means that they are motivated to act as though they are being watched at all times.  (thanks Wikipedia)

PS : In french, we say "Les Omnivoyants" and I think it's beautiful!

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 10:14:06 PM

The idea is great, but the form of the word needs to be changed to fit "observer". Now it is "observed". 

These guys seem to regard the universe as a prison :). Nice!

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 10:58:54 PM

Mmmh you may have a good point! I understood the word as "a place where you can see everything". I'm not sure if -opticon use the passive form of "observing". English is not my native tongue, nor is ancient greek haha.
That's why I mentionned the french term. I could'nt find the exact same word in english.

Thanks for your post :)

0Send private message
Comment