Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Imuru (sumerian)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
May 4, 2018, 4:42:12 PM

So i took some inspiration by another poster here (the utukku), and tried to find something suitable from the sumerian language. From the Epic of Gilgamesh, i found that it typically begins with a line 'sha nagba imuru', which has been translated as 'he who saw the deep', with 'deep' referring to the mysteries of some specific knowledge. 

I've made a guess and simply taken what i THINK is the 'deep', though i may be wrong here. I also take the interpretation to extend to secret knowledge, and hidden mysteries, which DEFINITELY seems appropriate for this faction. Has also been interpreted by others to have connotations of omniscience, and having experienced a lot, which also befits an ancient race.

Hope you guys like it! Let me know if any of this is wrong too

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 6, 2018, 3:39:27 PM

Some little snippets of the Imuru's presence. Might be familiar to anyone who's been reading the comics...

Vinz was nervous about the night's performance. Something felt different, though Lucia and Kaetra had been performing splendidly thus far. Lucia had just retired to her dressing room between acts, when something caught his eye. Afterwards he couldn't quite explain what it was, perhaps a sudden shimmering in the air, or dimming of the light. As he turned, he noticed it was towards Lucia's room.

'Ah, but here she is now...', thought Vinz, as the lead actress walked back through the dim backstage. 'Wait... no, that's someone else!', noting the scar on her face. However she was already walking back onto the stage, and he shrugged. The show must go on.

After the chaos of the night had died down, Vinz found himself wondering how he had survived. He had managed to overcome his initial freeze after seeing 'Lucia' stab Kaetra. The next moments were a blur, as he ran, somehow avoiding the unfamiliar armed men suddenly in the hallways. He remembered a shot rang out, clear even against the screams of the audience. Vinz hesitated before turning away from the sound. But in that moment, he could've sworn he caught a glimpse of that strange shimmer from before. It seemed to move, like some cloud of confetti, sticking to the shadows of the hallway, towards that gunshot. Vinz continued to run.

The cloud drifted along the hallway. It paused on seeing the dead girl, with the spreading pool of blood, the woman frozen above her. After long moments, she drew her coat close, and walked away. The cloud ever so slowly, drifted closer. Something in it flashed rapidly, as it lingered, just above the girl's body. Satisfied, it drifted back to the nearest patch of shadow, awaiting to see what happens next.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 8, 2018, 5:33:04 PM

I guess this is a minor consideration, but i hooe other contestants might be thinking about this too. But I'd like to think that 'imuru' suits the current confirmed logo design for this faction. 

(We chose not to pick the abstract scribble and the eye for a reason!)

0Send private message
Comment