Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A new home made Space 4X board game

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 6:09:28 AM
Okim wrote:
We had once an energy-based species that could settle any planet types from the beginning of the game. They also did not require food. The drawback was in significant increase of colonists cost making those very slow to expand. Race was removed due to being too unbalanced. It wil find its way back at some point.

You made the sowers, but like the dev's nerfed them (by removing them) Ya plaka u
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 4:48:47 AM
We had once an energy-based species that could settle any planet types from the beginning of the game. They also did not require food. The drawback was in significant increase of colonists cost making those very slow to expand. Race was removed due to being too unbalanced. It wil find its way back at some point.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 6:27:04 PM
A race comprised of gases could be fun - I've seen a few examples here and there, but they aren't all that used. Could make for some fun mechanics (hard to hit - very adaptable -weakness to ignitions if hit et cetera)

0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 4:06:27 PM
Okim wrote:
At least the next race in Lords of The Stars that is currently being drawn will be quite unique smiley: smile

Good, good smiley: smile

I, however, know a race which doesn't exist jet in any game known to me, in the "form" I read them in a book lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 7:15:50 PM
murph wrote:
Well it seems OP doesn't have a problem so I guess no harm no foul. I just wouldn't have appreciated it if it were me in Okim's shoes. That's like hey I've been writing a book over the last year. Interesting, here's a link to a more popular book.

yep, it COULD be considered as beeing rude, but we don't need to take life too seriously - we won't get out alive smiley: stickouttongue

€dit: Too bad, I thought kickstarter is for everyone smiley: confused
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 12:20:38 PM
Okim wrote:
Someone recently showed me a board game project on IndieGoGo that gathered 40K $ while having just 8000 $ as a goal. So, proper advertisement and explanation of game mechanics combined with images, drawings and photos can achieve the same results as that game.

However there was another example of a very poor support at that site of a PC game. IIRC it raised just 2000 $ during 2 month campaign.

Good advertising (right people, right time), some facts (not too many), some pics(development, etc) and well defined goals (how much money for what goal, ingame content, etc) and it *should* work smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 9:24:58 AM
Someone recently showed me a board game project on IndieGoGo that gathered 40K $ while having just 8000 $ as a goal. So, proper advertisement and explanation of game mechanics combined with images, drawings and photos can achieve the same results as that game.

However there was another example of a very poor support at that site of a PC game. IIRC it raised just 2000 $ during 2 month campaign.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 12:59:57 AM
Oh, it might have been IndieGogo. :P It might not be, but the same problem persists, it doesn't have the popularity that Kickstarter does. There might be some conventions.. or something that you could showcase a a demo to it, but that would require travelling. You've chosen a hard genre, if not new :P but I do wish you the best of luck, don't know how else I can help smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 13, 2013, 11:59:05 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Too bad, I thought kickstarter is for everyone smiley: confused

Afraid not - The project creators have to be US citizens (now also UK since they branched out) - but anyone, anywhere can help fund it.

Okim wrote:
Well. It actually turned out to be a dissapointment. I can`t use kick-stareter like that game did - they don`t support us Russians, just only US and UK companies.

There are other similar sites, but they are not as popular as kick-starter com. Guess i`ll have to find other way to raise some money for development.

Once you reach the point of serious kickstarting, you should "hire" a few helpers, one being a Citizen of the UK or US and you should have no problem having them kickstart the project on your behalf. I'd stay away from competing sites such as IndieGogo - there just aren't as many people there who see your project.

But be sure to have a prototype ready or a good sales pitch video beforehand - It's all about getting those "five second" people to pledge before they move on to a different project. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 13, 2013, 11:55:11 AM
stasik28 wrote:
Well that doesn't really relate to be honest. You're writing a book yourself but I suggest an already made book by a widely known publisher? Whilst I posted a still non-developed game to compare and contrast. What is your book about anyway smiley: stickouttongue

It relates quite well in its simplicity, you're overanalyzing. You posted a link to a more popular _______ without any context, so I assumed you weren't helping OP (and I admittedly assumed wrong). And its what you would call a hypothetical statement. Don't think anything else really needs to be said
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 13, 2013, 5:20:30 AM
Okim wrote:
Well. It actually turned out to be a dissapointment. I can`t use kick-stareter like that game did - they don`t support us Russians, just only US and UK companies.

There are other similar sites, but they are not as popular as kick-starter com. Guess i`ll have to find other way to raise some money for development.

There was this other site, that was more strict but had a higher chance of success. And kickstarter is more widespread. I'll try to find the site but I'm sorry for their isolation for projects smiley: frown

murph wrote:
Well it seems OP doesn't have a problem so I guess no harm no foul. I just wouldn't have appreciated it if it were me in Okim's shoes. That's like hey I've been writing a book over the last year. Interesting, here's a link to a more popular book.

Well that doesn't really relate to be honest. You're writing a book yourself but I suggest an already made book by a widely known publisher? Whilst I posted a still non-developed game to compare and contrast. What is your book about anyway smiley: stickouttongue

Okim wrote:
Just finished testing today. Man, this game is complex. Perhaps a bit too complex for the begginers. Needs some polish and balance works.

Well I find Endless Space complex, I'm not sure a 4X game being complex is a bad thing haha.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 8:09:50 PM
Okim wrote:
Just finished testing today. Man, this game is complex. Perhaps a bit too complex for the begginers. Needs some polish and balance works.

Well, I'd say that being compley isn't a problem, as long as everything is well-explained.

Good luck.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 10, 2013, 7:39:06 PM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 9, 2013, 3:02:32 PM
Never even thought of that. An interesting concept: Space 4X on a board sounds cool.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 7:13:05 PM

0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 6:19:12 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Sorry smiley: frown What did I do? D:

It's not even mine lol, I just remembered seeing a 4X board game on kickstarter, therefore I'm hoping this genre actually makes it into stores and becomes popular, its great virtual, but imagine people playing it together, laughing at events like meteors destroying their fleets and stuff :P

0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 4:20:36 AM
No problem smiley: smile I hope you succeed smiley: biggrin it'll be cool to see the final project. I was hoping it'll help you with ideas for content, and also kickstarter: great thing. (theres another site like kickstarter, but is more strict to reduce amount of failed projects but I forgot the name :P)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 3:50:53 AM
Actually this was quite helpful. With all this development i forgot about kickstarter and competitors. Man, 80k $ and 1000 bakers is something that i didn`t even dream about.

And knowing other projects is really helpful. This game is different from what i`m making, but it is indeed a competing Space 4x. I`ll track it from this very moment. Thanks!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment