Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

STAR CITIZEN - The revival of High end pc gaming and Space Sims?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 9:16:59 AM
n18991c wrote:
Looks like another long wait is to be expected...

"Halte aus mein Freund das Sein, denn morgen kann's noch schlimmer sein - halte aus des Lebens Bürde - stehe aufrecht und mit Würde!"

TL: DR / didn't ask google transl. : Stay strong smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 10:02:44 AM
We are going to be strong together...and perhaps enjoy some tunrs of ES together. Who's in for a little MP Night together? Haven't played more than 100 turns in MP with friends...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 2:41:01 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
We are going to be strong together...and perhaps enjoy some tunrs of ES together. Who's in for a little MP Night together? Haven't played more than 100 turns in MP with friends...

Some day, maybe - not now, while I have my exam-time!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 9:45:19 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Good luck with your exams. I will face my own in January. smiley: fat

Thanks, should be OK smiley: biggrin

I'll have some in January too.. but most of them until Christmas.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 6:26:14 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Thanks, should be OK smiley: biggrin I'll have some in January too.. but most of them until Christmas.

Ah, yes, exams, I remember those times... but the real test is life, I bet you're looking forward to that, eh? lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 4:57:57 PM
n18991c wrote:
Ah, yes, exams, I remember those times... but the real test is life, I bet you're looking forward to that, eh? lol

I'm alive and this test is stupid! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 8:31:08 PM
Well to be honest: studying and writing exams is more fun to me than it ever has been in school. While the basic schools and high schools? (gymnasium in german; highest school bevor university; i forgott what's it in english) learn you a great deal of stuff you sometime even don't need (truly: I guess I forgott about 80% of the shit I had to learn for test. And I am so glad to never see a mathtest EVER again!), the university is a chillin' AND thrillin' way of learning. I mean usually I have at least one day of during the week of and usually don't need to show up bevor 10am! And the stuff I need to learn IS interessting!!! So I enjoy my studie as long as I can....who knows what comes next? Real Life perhaps? I heard it can kind of suck! smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 8:48:04 PM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Well to be honest: studying and writing exams is more fun to me than it ever has been in school. While the basic schools and high schools? (gymnasium in german; highest school bevor university; i forgott what's it in english) learn you a great deal of stuff you sometime even don't need (truly: I guess I forgott about 80% of the shit I had to learn for test. And I am so glad to never see a mathtest EVER again!), the university is a chillin' AND thrillin' way of learning. I mean usually I have at least one day of during the week of and usually don't need to show up bevor 10am! And the stuff I need to learn IS interessting!!! So I enjoy my studie as long as I can....who knows what comes next? Real Life perhaps? I heard it can kind of suck! smiley: stickouttongue

Indeed, school was kinda stupid, but now I learn stuff I really want to learn! (in most cases; some subjects are still stupid)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 3:27:17 AM
Codename_Veers wrote:

Although I agree that most schoolstuff was rather boring, I have to say that the maths I was taught in school are not nearly sufficient to do most things I do on a daily basis, now...

Just depends on what you study/have studied. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 7:05:49 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Although I agree that most schoolstuff was rather boring, I have to say that the maths I was taught in school are not nearly sufficient to do most things I do on a daily basis, now...

Just depends on what you study/have studied. smiley: stickouttongue

Indeed, it really depends: the Maths I got thought is beating almost everyone's here in my lessons - kinda 2 guys and me know what's going on, the others sit here, with an terrified look on their faces smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 10:47:23 AM
Well im sold
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 3:11:24 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Indeed, school was kinda stupid, but now I learn stuff I really want to learn! (in most cases; some subjects are still stupid)

Hah, lucky you...

My university has me saddled with so many requirements, I feel like I've spent more time studying other subjects instead of my major. I'm a Classics major, so why do I need to have three math classes, two science cources (not complaining about science, just don't see why I MUST take them), one computer science class, one international relations course, and two communications courses?

All among other requirements I can't complain about because, well, fine, they're liberal arts too and if I have to, fine...But these? Come on people...I wanted to learn about Ancient Rome and Greece, not the finer point of whether or not global warming is real and how to make webpages...

/mini rant over
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 5:05:53 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
My university has me saddled with so many requirements, I feel like I've spent more time studying other subjects instead of my major. I'm a Classics major, so why do I need to have three math classes, two science cources (not complaining about science, just don't see why I MUST take them), one computer science class, one international relations course, and two communications courses?

Well, as a physicist, I just had four semesters of mathematics that basically covered the whole bachelor of maths-stuff, chemistry and physical chemistry (voluntarily) and nothing besides that.

Only physics, physics and even more physics. ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 9:58:26 AM
LordOfLostSocks wrote:
Probably so that you're not completely useless after you graduate smiley: wink

Hopefully o.ô
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 10:29:09 AM
Uff! It's allways that stupid with secondary classes! Well I took German as secondary and yes: I have to work and learn more for German than for my main class! That's kind of crapy but it's not that bad as FinalStrigons University. Sorry to hear that, man! But I guess the difference is that YOU seem to learn stuff that get's paid later, while I with my beloved liberal arts will probably end up in a subway-store. "What would you like to have on your sub, Sir?" oO'
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 11:41:16 AM
Codename_Veers wrote:
Uff! It's allways that stupid with secondary classes! Well I took German as secondary and yes: I have to work and learn more for German than for my main class! That's kind of crapy but it's not that bad as FinalStrigons University. Sorry to hear that, man! But I guess the difference is that YOU seem to learn stuff that get's paid later, while I with my beloved liberal arts will probably end up in a subway-store. "What would you like to have on your sub, Sir?" oO'

Hopefully not that bad smiley: ohh
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 7:30:19 PM
I'd just like to point out that not all of Chris Roberts' projects have been that good... smiley: smile

0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 8:51:23 PM
Didn't see the movie but the trailer doesn't look THAT bad! I mean, yeah typicall for that time and a bit childish but not at all THAT bad. But anyway, everyone is allowed to make misstakes - that usually makes the people learn. And as far as I know, Wing Commander and Freelancer where pretty neat games, so...

And the SC footage looks really promissing. I stay optimistic. I have to...I paid a sh**load of money for the game... lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 9:22:46 PM
A well-cut trailer can make anything look like anything. The movie was pretty bad, even worse if you'd played all the Wing Commander games. Watch it sometime, just be sure to have a few drinks first to numb the pain. smiley: smile

Speaking of the magic of trailers, having you ever watched "The Shining"? Or how about "Shining"?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment