Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Show your Desktop

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 11:07:54 AM
monkeynaut wrote:
BLAME! Very good smiley: smile

It may take some time, but with some googling I found enough hi-res Blame! Wallpapers.. PN me if interested smiley: wink

I have been switching from one to the next one, but now I'm back at the one I posted above.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 8:55:53 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, I'm (still) more into the minimalistic stuff - taskbar on auto-hide, no Icons on Desktop.

(It's the pic I use, not a screen of my Desktop)

BLAME! Very good smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 8:15:31 AM
Yeah I've seen pictures of the new start menu - looks pretty good. I've always preferred it too since it's more compact. Metro really is a waste of space on desktop - It works much better on a cellphone (which I incidentally have lol)

This is how my Metro looks (And desktop wallpaper so there's not real need to share that smiley: stickouttongue)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7411861/Andet/desktop_metro.jpg

And the wallpaper if anyone's curious.

http://hylacola.deviantart.com/art/The-Traveler-s-Stag-464346048
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 5:21:00 AM
Mansen wrote:
Oh I hate metro with a passion too - But it's there so I might as well use it since it's going to be hogging resources anyway.

I use the tiles in the start menu for my main programs and recycle bin, I like that and windows 10 has brought back the task bar and steered away from the metro touchscreen look. It's like windows 7 and windows 8 had a baby and the best traits from both went into windows 10's genes lol. It really is amazing compared to 8 and I'm running it as a daily driver without any major issues so far.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 26, 2014, 8:55:34 PM
Oh I hate metro with a passion too - But it's there so I might as well use it since it's going to be hogging resources anyway.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 26, 2014, 7:00:02 PM
Mansen wrote:
You bet they do - They tie up resources that I'd rather have handy for Photoshop and Premiere. And really - I don't see a need for them. I don't need to see how much memory or harddrive space is available at a given time - I'll look at the built in features of Windows for that if I feel the need. Games and app shortcuts? It's all in Metro nowadays.

You say potato, I say potato. I don't see any hits in performance while gaming or doing anything really, then again I don't use PS or Premier, but it's a no brainer not to have stuff running in the background when encoding lets say a 1080p video etc.. I am also running Windows 10 technical preview and like to keep an eye on my ram for memory leaks which are present in the alpha. Also I hate metro lol.

In the end it's just down to preference you don't like it don't use it, I'm not trying to shove it down your throat just telling you my experience from a user perspective and research ive done online on wether it's a resource hog or not.

switched it up.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 26, 2014, 4:30:26 PM
Mansen wrote:
*snip* And really - I don't see a need for them. I don't need to see how much memory or harddrive space is available at a given time - I'll look at the built in features of Windows for that if I feel the need. *snap*
I have to agree; there really is no point in it.. and it really defeats the minimalist feel I like (= empty desktop, default windows theme with pictures of nature)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 26, 2014, 9:58:24 AM
DotBeta wrote:
If you have over 4gb ram then a ui like rainmeter doesn't affect performance in anyway shape or form. But if your not keen on using a ui then who am I to say otherwise smiley: wink.

You bet they do - They tie up resources that I'd rather have handy for Photoshop and Premiere. And really - I don't see a need for them. I don't need to see how much memory or harddrive space is available at a given time - I'll look at the built in features of Windows for that if I feel the need. Games and app shortcuts? It's all in Metro nowadays.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 26, 2014, 5:16:20 AM
Mansen wrote:
Same here - Icons hidden, just the wallpaper. No widgets either since I hate how many resources they end up taking (and I don't want or need them anyway).

If you have over 4gb ram then a ui like rainmeter doesn't affect performance in anyway shape or form. But if your not keen on using a ui then who am I to say otherwise smiley: wink.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 15, 2014, 7:49:52 AM
Same here - Icons hidden, just the wallpaper. No widgets either since I hate how many resources they end up taking (and I don't want or need them anyway)

As for wallpapers I am currently going through a collection of Morrowind themed ones I have lying around.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 15, 2014, 4:54:28 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, I'm (still) more into the minimalistic stuff - taskbar on auto-hide, no Icons on Desktop.

same here as far as minimalistic goes, I've had my task bar on auto hide and desktop icons hidden for as long as I can remember. rainmeter just give me access to the info i want and a quick click to steam.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 14, 2014, 8:59:50 AM

0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 14, 2014, 4:13:06 AM
Kingsguard wrote:
Ok thx, I love this UI, im downloading Rainmeter smiley: smile

PS : What is the skin you use ? I cant find it ^^

its called Omnimo

http://omnimo.info/

Download the installer and it will auto install to rainmeter then select the skin and you can adjust styles so that it looks similar to mine.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18:25 PM
Ok thx, I love this UI, im downloading Rainmeter smiley: smile

PS : What is the skin you use ? I cant find it ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 13, 2014, 4:09:40 AM
Kingsguard wrote:
Amazing art too, what is it ?

EDIT : Btw, what the hell is your UI desktop oO

Thanks smiley: smile.

As mentioned they are characters from an anime called bleach, and it's not so much a ui but a utility called rainmeter, it allows you to make widgets of sorts with different type of skins and themes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 1:20:21 PM
I got my new Monitor today ;D so here is my new Desktop.. finally easier to work on 3d models!

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 5:18:46 PM
chromodynamics wrote:
I have to say im surprised how many people still have their taskbars on the bottom in win7, it just makes so much more sense on the side, way better use of space.

Im just used to it. D:
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment