Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

AI Faction is ignoring / not recognizing that I gave them tribute

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Nov 24, 2017, 10:26:26 AM
  • Summary / Title: AI Faction is ignoring / not recognizing that I gave them tribute
  • Description: I have noticed this before, but now have a save file demonstrating this issue.   Sometimmes, the AI Faction will demand tribute from the player, but no matter how much Dust you send them via Diplomacy that turn, the following turn they become displeased and send a message with the tooltip "Did not receive tribute."  
  • Steps to Reproduce: 1. Load the save file attached.  // 2. Read the message from the AI Cravers faction on the right-hand side of the screen.  // 3.  From the Diplomacy tab, send the Cravers Factions any amount of Dust, including all available Dust if desired. // 4.  Click End Turn.   // 5.  On the following turn, the AI Cravers Faction will be upset, and send a message claiming that they never received a tribute.
  • Reproducibility: 5/5
  • Expected Behavior: When an AI Faction demands Dust tribute, and the player sends them a significant portion of their Dust, the AI Faction should recognize that a Dust tribute was sent and not say "We did not receive tribute".
  • Version: V1.1.0 S5 GOLD-Public
  • Notes
  • Attachments: Dust tribute bug.sav
0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 24, 2017, 8:30:12 PM

As an addendum to the above bug report, here is another, slightly different manifestation of what I believe to be the same bug in a second attached save file.  As in the previous case, loading the save file starts with an existing tribute demand pop-up window from the AI Cravers faction.  The steps to reproduce the bug are the same as in my previous post, however with additonal options available.  In this case from the pop-up window there is an actual listed amount of Dust required,  (unlike in the previous save file), and an option to Accept, Refuse, or Counter-Offer the demand directly from the pop-up window (in the previous save game, no such options are given).  

However, selecting anything other than "Accept" results in the AI Cravers faction becoming upset on the next turn and thinking you refused to send tribute.  This includes selecting "Counter-Offer," and rather than the ~2000 Dust they requested, giving them 5000+ Dust, plus all available resources.  Whether you offer all of this by itself, or in exchange for 1 unit of a resource from the AI Cravers, they do not accept the deal and become upset, despite the blue bar below the suggested offer being far to the right, indicating they should be pleased with the deal.

If "Counter-Offer" is supposed to have achance to appease the AI Faction, surely giving them everything they requested and more should suffice.  Alternatively,  if it is intended that the only way to appease the AI Faction in this case is to select "Accept," then the option "Counter-Offer" should not be present in this pop-up window, as it leads the player to believe that selecting it has a chance of appesaing the AI Faction.  

Attachments:  Dust tribute bug 2.sav

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
17 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 9:47:27 AM

Bumping because I also fequently see this bug, though Im wondering why its only been talked about a handful of times over six years.

I've never been able to satisfy the AI if they don't send both messages in the same turn. Fequently they will only send the first message with flavor text about wanting tribute, then nothing. Then next turn they are mad at me.

0Send private message
17 days ago
Apr 12, 2024, 2:36:26 PM

I messed around a bit with it, developing "Enfer Reloded" mod, all it stems from needing a tribute, failing to ask for it (usually because of an error or whatever, the don't actually send the demand to the player), then setting the flag that shows "didn't receive tribute". This flag cannot be amended sending tribute afterwards, the system just doesn't have the way to do/recognize that.

Fixing it is a bit complex, but definitively can be done. And yeah, is quite annoying.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message