Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

DLC Recommendations

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Jul 15, 2019, 7:28:01 PM

Hello everyone! 

I see thet ES2 has quite a few DLCS now, so I'm looking for recommendations for must-have DLCs. Are there any DLCs that bring in features that is hard to play without?

Also, how are the 3 faction DLCs percieved? I'm mostly drawn to the Hissho because of the aesthetics but are they actually enjoyable to play? The Vaulters seem to get the most love but they just look like another Human faction? What am I missing?

Thanks!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 16, 2019, 5:49:37 AM

Yes and no. You can enjoy vanilla just as much, as any DLC.

The only mandatory DLCs are Lost Symphony and Harmonic Memories.

You might like or dislike expansions, depending on your take on it. Some people dislike Supremacy because of Behemoths and system destroying weapons (you can disable the latter). Some dislike Penumbra, because they find hacking machanic unintuitive, intrusive and taxing. I personally love all of them.

And no, Vaulters aren't just another humans. They are SPACE VIKINGS, goddamit! And it's the way they colonize the galaxy and utilize their portals that makes them special.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 6:39:00 AM

Personally I love all of them, but none of them really bring any mechanics that are required, I suppose. As Sublustris said, it's down to personal preference.

Of the big expansions, I personally enjoy the dynamic Behemoths bring (and the aesthetic of the Hissho is just cool as all heck), and the playstyle of the Umbral Choir is pretty rad.

The Vaulters are hype bc they're the only faction to "ascend" from Endless Legend, so they're familiar to the audience as techno-vikings.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 11:01:10 PM

All the DLC's are very good and worth buying.....however I'd put at least 100 hours into the game before you buy the most recent,  Penumbra, as it adds an extra level of complexity which could be offputting for new players but is very interesting for more experienced players. Have fun

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 11:07:41 PM

I found a deal that got me Supremacy (for Hissho faction and Behemoths) and Lost Symphony (for the music) for ~$7 and I'm very happy with it so far. I'm going to wait on Penumbra until have more time invested in to the game. Right now I'm only at about 40 hours. Thank you everyone!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 17, 2019, 11:16:41 PM

All DLC are good to me except Penumbra (that i hate alot). But beside DLC Endless Moon is the best mod you can get on steam and seriously playing without it it so meaningless for me now xD Best mod ever

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 18, 2019, 4:38:07 AM

I agree with Zebrech, Penumbra introduces hacking which is incredibly annoying. Decided not to buy it during the sales, but so far Supremacy has been awesome and I main Vaulters.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 23, 2019, 9:02:13 PM

Buy all DLC, that's all !

Except maybe the one adding remastered musci if you don't like it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 28, 2019, 4:54:53 PM

Hi,

Game is nice and enjoyable! but I like to see more weapon systems in the game, more weapon types, like plasma, gamma, and different unique weapon types for each race would be great addition. It will be more enjoyable if added these so we can do mix some weapon types and check how it will work out to win or lose. Thank you for the game it is a good game but can add lot of stuff to make it more enjoyable.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Jul 29, 2019, 8:28:01 AM

Can you elaborate, how this "plasma, gamma, and different unique weapon" will differ from what we have present? I mean, gameplay-wise.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 4, 2019, 2:29:21 PM

I'm personally not a fan of Penumbra (the only DLC that I've disabled) as I find the hacking mechanics to be a stack of mandatory busy-work without feeling adequately interesting or engaging. However, others seem to enjoy it well enough so there's that. 

The other faction DLC packs have been a hit with me. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message