First of all I want to say that ES2 is a great game in my opinion, but to get straight to my point I think there are some small things that can make the game even better and immersive.

Heroes and their ships are in a weird place, since I dig the Academy theme, but often fall short to the unique races.

1. Colours and style are often not matching or out of place (f.e, when you want to play craver and have these rusty styled ships and you put this generic clean red/white ship to it, it feels      off).

Solution: Maybe giving some main heroes unique styled hero ships or let the player customise the ships (like different colours).

2. Having a big fleet is pretty cool, but I often feel like it is not good represented on the map, since you have only one ship representing it. Especially when you have these big carriers, but after you sign a hero to it, it only shows this small hero ships on the map, which is dissapointing.  

Solution: Maybe we can have  the biggest ship representive to a fleet on the map instead of the hero ship or we can choose the main ship.

Or a big fleet ( idk maybe about 15-20 cp)have ships above and of the left and right side of the main ship, like a circle shape with some of the ships inside it (obiously not 1 to 1, but to let people know visually, there is a fleet coming, instead of just numbers). Although this is probably hard to make.

Lets hope for more Endless Space content it the future :)