Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Comprehensive ES2 combat guide - is it helpful?

It is helpful
It is NOT helpful
I have mastered the game thanks to this guide and would love to read a specific guide from you again on a topic I will request as a reply.
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Feb 13, 2018, 12:13:39 AM

Hi, it's me again, I kinda missed the hype with spamming forums with steam guides, but I am here to make up for it, with my old as jerusalem (but up to date!) guide featuring combat tips, pro tips, noob tips, mid tier tips and all other tips all closely combat related. 

Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940579911

You might wonder why is this a steam link and not an actual text? Yeah I tried that, sounds good, doesn't work. I like to keep it up to date and that really works if you only have to edit it once. Thanks for getting it.

Have a nice day.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 17, 2018, 3:08:09 PM

Oh a negative vote, why do you not find it helpful and what would you like to see improved?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 18, 2018, 12:57:01 PM

The guide helped me a lot to understand combat better. Are you planning to make more faction focused guides in the future?

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 31, 2018, 1:28:10 PM

The Unfallen. I've found them quite intriguing and have developed some ideas about how to play them, that is against the AI at least. I would find it interesting to get your take on how to use them in multiplayer. Such as early fleet designs, for example, the composition i tend to go with is needles and wells as "tugs". I have watched many of your videos and from what I have learnt by observation so far has helped me a great deal. And yes, your guide was quite useful. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 1, 2018, 8:23:30 AM

The unfallen fall short in MP since it's either easy win when you have preagreed alliances and thus stack ridiculous bonuses from mutual understanding. (if locked teams existed it would probably be unfallen vs unfallen). Thus defeating the point of racial diversity and probably even playing the game.

Or no one will ally with you, so you retain your lovely rooty happy gameplay but lose out big on couple traits + are easily isolated from being aggresive because of entwining (it got a lot better since the early implementation, where it was possible to have you locked down).

Considering this, if you can sneak in some non craver AI into a MP game (let's say 4 AIs) you already won since you can force peace on those and maintain it the bonuses (+15% dust/science each, + 10% dmg on ships and troops each, +approval and pacifist laws)
I personally find wells ugly and generally avoid them, instead I get early lightships. But the cookie cutter build applies. Bring guns, help them move around fast slot in some kinetics so you don't get cheesed. Pew pew...

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 11, 2018, 11:02:52 AM

Thats a really dissapointing reality. I'm beginning to realise that this game is not capable of offering a balanced and engaging multiplayer environment due to the lack of genuinely playable factions. Thanks for the response.

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 19, 2018, 1:31:32 PM

Thanks for your guide, it helped me to get a good understanding of the combat mechanics. It would be interesting to read a guide on MP strategy for a novice player, for example as Sophons.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 19, 2018, 2:59:12 PM

yeah just browse my other guides, there is stuff on some factions + plentiful of vids 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 10, 2018, 9:32:57 PM

Here is the list of vids I made so far, some have incredibly bad audio, in some I mumble, but some are actually decent and can help you:

List of vids, my youtube channel

You get all the factions in various but predomintantly multiplayer settings.
I went ahead and compared them to some "expert" guide videos out there and I  would like to believe that I provide a tiny bit more insight, but I talk less and do things a bit faster on the go as in a real game against real players. So pay those a visit if you want some free cancer.

You can also check out my twitch channel, from where I now export those videos. Sometime the bitrate goes to hell, but usually it's smooth and enjoyable experience, and sometime I even read the chat and you can ask my questions on the go. Since mostly I have nothing to do during the end turn waiting anyway.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment