Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Rare End Turn Bug

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 2:22:00 PM

Hello,

well, i don´t know how exactly it works and i tried to replicate it but no luck so far. I encountered it two times. It could have something to do with Tab-Out of the game while the calculation for end turn are processing.

Anyway, the bug itself is that the Processing of end turn won´t stop. It just process and process and i can clearly see that 2 of the KI´s are in an "Encounter" when i hover my mouse over the loading turn button. I waited both times 10 minutes and used then Alt+F4. After reloading a auto-save and end turn again, it worked like a charm. But in both situations i was Alt-Tab to desktop (while i waited for the KI to finish the turn) and check something.

Just wanted to let you know, in any case anybody else reports something like that.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 7, 2016, 3:41:38 PM

Thanks, we've managed to reproduce it here and we should have a fix in the upcoming patches. Next time don't forget to attach your save, makes it even easier to debug!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 23, 2016, 3:22:38 AM

Same problem here. Cannot end turn while nothing else to complete such as battle or research. It's just go to unending loop of "pending"

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 24, 2016, 9:29:45 AM

AutoSave 1076.zip

Never happened to me before, but after the update, now it happens every 6-7 turns. The game remains stuck on "turn pending". Loading the previous autosave fix the problem for some turns, but then it start to happen again.

I don't know if it's easily reproduceable as loading a save cancel the issue...

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 24, 2016, 12:15:03 PM

i think this may be the sign there is a battle going on somewhere (maybe between 2 ia) and they sometimes take time to solve

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 25, 2016, 4:26:41 PM

Note that the performance issues may be linked to AI issues, which in turn could also be the source of your turn pending issues. We'll have a better idea next week, as we continue investigating the issue.

EDIT: But, of course, it could also be something else, so as usual, we'd like your diagnostics file so we can look into your particular case. Thanks in advance!

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 30, 2016, 1:47:44 PM

Hi got the same problem. But i didn't dount the save in my computer. Same bug in 2 diffent game, turn 39 everytime.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 30, 2016, 4:13:47 PM

You might have a different installation folder for Steam or your My Documents folder. Take a look at the installation paths you've selected, the rest of the installation path should be the same!

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 4, 2016, 5:40:58 AM

stuck.zip

There's a bug in AI when it comes to multiple combat scenarios in different Star Systems. 

Attached save game on turn 63, it just won't load the end-battle results ("Ready" button keeps flashing endlessly). 

This causes failure to load the save file/autosaved at turn 63:

I had to run Task Manager and force-end the game task. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment