Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Save loading stops at 55%

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 7:34:40 PM

Hi! 

I cannot load my save. I stopped on 78th turn and every time I am trying to lad the loading indicator stops on 55%. New game and loading other games' saves work correctly. Played for Lumeris. Vodyani save works correctly. 

After every launch of ES2 there is a message "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" after I undertake cache integrity check in Steam (although you specify that it is ok). Also it seems that sound master turns off after every relaunch.

Here is the save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deg0ll80um3t0yt/1.zip?dl=0

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 11:54:18 AM

I have exactly the same issue but with Vodyani... Other game with Lumeris is ok...

The same galaxy map at turn 1 is correctly loaded :

http://dl.free.fr/jjATHdLQI

At turn 58, the game freeze at load. No stack trace generated in  Diagnostic file. The HTML of the diagnose file is completly empty, i haven't even the 5 buttons on top of log file.

http://dl.free.fr/s4UYlx3Jh

When i restart the game, master sound option is turned off. My audio drivers are up to date : Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7023

I've tryed to restore binaries from steam, clearing tempfiles, clearing ES2 user profile, run in compat mode, rus as admin... nothing works.

Maybe a problem in the huge bunch of xml that compose these saves...

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
AmpliMath wrote:

Hi folks,

We will look into those saved games tomorrow.

Thanks

Amplimath

Oh, thank you for your responsiveness!

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 3:55:57 PM

Yes me too.

Once I exit the game I cannot load any saved games. neither auto save, manual save or quick saved load, they just stay stuck around 60% on the loading bar. Nothing happens and the only thing to do is alt+f4.  

This needs a fix otherwise there is no point in playing this game atm.

Here are my saves
QuickSave.zip

quick save test.zip

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 7:48:51 PM

Same issue but with my Vodyani saved games.

Ive logged 14 hours so far... played, saved, and loaded as Sophons and Cravers with no issues, but now that i am going back to resume my Vodyani saved game for the first time the loading progress bar stops at "launching Game" with slightly over half the Progress bar loaded. The progress bar for Vodyani is freezing at the point when The Sophon and Craver load progress normally transitionsto "Game Launched". My Sophon and Craver games still load. I even started a new Vodyani game for troubleshooting purposes and after saving it i cant reload that saved game either. When I create new Sophon and Craver games and save them they sucessfully load. Its just Vodyani that wont work. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 7:59:45 PM
Sotnik wrote:

Hi! 

I cannot load my save. I stopped on 78th turn and every time I am trying to lad the loading indicator stops on 55%. New game and loading other games' saves work correctly. Played for Lumeris. Vodyani save works correctly. 

After every launch of ES2 there is a message "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired" after I undertake cache integrity check in Steam (although you specify that it is ok). Also it seems that sound master turns off after every relaunch.

Here is the save:

Where in the local files did you find the saved games? i use steam and ive never had a hard time finding saved games but for this game i cant find them. Even looking at the ones you all have posted it isnt helping me find them.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 8:03:42 PM
sollitdude wrote:
Sotnik wrote:

1.zip

Lol, thank you, Newcomer!

newcomer? ive been in existance since the beta of endless space 1...

I had noticed that by your badges. I was just kidding about your misleading title :)

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 8:05:18 PM
mrkelley wrote:
Sotnik wrote:

Hi! 

Here is the save:

Where in the local files did you find the saved games? i use steam and ive never had a hard time finding saved games but for this game i cant find them. Even looking at the ones you all have posted it isnt helping me find them.

I found them at C:\Users\Username\Documents\Endless Space 2

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment