Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crash on opening load screen

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 7:50:02 PM

Hello,

I am having a reoccurring issue where my game will crash on launch at the load screen. I have been able to load the game before without issue, played till turn 25, saved and quit but when I quit it crashed. Now it won't launch at all. I have done all the steps in the main trouble shooting guide and have had no success. In the error logs attached, I believe the first two were crashes in the home screen, the third was loading a game from the game set up, and the others were while launching the game from steam. Those are guesses since I was trying to fix it myself and lost track, my apologies.  

My pc specs are:

win 10 home 64 bit

amd FX8320e

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

16gb  Kingston HyperX FURY 1866MHz DDR3

ASUS Strix sound card

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

MSI GeForce GTX 970

Seiki 55in 4k TV, 3840x2160 30hz desktop, 2560x1440 30hz in game

Error logs.zip       

I hope I did that correctly for you. Game seems amazing so far from what I've played and I can't wait to get back to it. Keep up the good work!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 8, 2016, 9:07:45 PM

Hi FinklePanfe,

Not sure this is the problem, but we have noticed that we do not explain well the issues linked to Steam. It is possible that the game stops because it cannot connect to Steam. Make sure you reboot, relaunch Steam, etc.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2016, 2:59:11 AM

I've seen issues in some other games where audio programs can cause problems. Can you try disabling any audio enhancement programs for your ASUS Strix

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 5:43:25 PM

Thank you for the replies. I think you might be on to something with the sound enhancer that came with the Strix card. As I said, I had been able to launch the game a few times and play but the sound seemed a bit distorted. When I tried without the sound studio running in the background, it launched without issue and music was playing which was missing before. I didn't think much of there not being music as it being alpha, I thought maybe it was just left out. Thanks for the help you guys, keep up the good work!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 11, 2016, 12:25:52 AM
FinklePanfe wrote:

Thank you for the replies. I think you might be on to something with the sound enhancer that came with the Strix card. As I said, I had been able to launch the game a few times and play but the sound seemed a bit distorted. When I tried without the sound studio running in the background, it launched without issue and music was playing which was missing before. I didn't think much of there not being music as it being alpha, I thought maybe it was just left out. Thanks for the help you guys, keep up the good work!

Can you give the name of the audio program? Just so it can be added to the list of incompatible software.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment