Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crashing after loading a game

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 1:41:09 AM

Hello everyone,

My issue is one i've seen popping up around the area but have yet to find a specific good fix! 

Okay so the issue partakes to crashing after starting a new game, the game loads and before i get a chance to see the map it either black screens then crashes sometimes giving me a report, or just crashes straight to the desktop. I've had a couple lucky times where i made it onto the map but the moment i open the technology screen in both cases it crashes the same way.

DxDiag.txt

2016-10-09_181904.rar

2016-10-09_145718.rar

2016-10-09_145602.rar

2016-10-09_145406.rar

2016-10-09_144304.rar

I have updated my drivers, tried to run all of the redist installs again a few times now, verified my cache with steam, restarted my PC a few times through all of that, nothing has fixed this.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 5:43:07 AM

I found the fix for this problem with the help of some advice from another post, if you are having this issue change the video files:

satoru wrote:

V3nom wrote:

VLC runs them fine (the 4 species intros), as WMP. But yes, it still looks like the own game's video player doesn't like running on my rig.

Can you try going to

\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data\StreamingAssets\Movies\Factions

Rename all the .mp4 video to a different extension. Then try launching the game. That would more or less determine if the video is causing the issue. I tested it here and it should 'in theory' just not play the video and launch the game

For everyone else reading the above

Note this is a HACK. It is not a fix. If it works fine you can keep playing. But this 'hack' will immediately break each time the game is updated.

PLEASE make your own post here and list out like dxdiag, output_log.txt, etc. Then mention that you deleted/renamed the movie files and that worked for you. Its absolutely critical the devs figure out why the movies are causing these issues. Don't ignore adding your data point as your configuration might be different than someone else's.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 5:15:56 PM

Update on this problem, I fixed the crashing problem with the videos from the above fix, however I have reason to believe it's causing issues with menus like the tech menu, the screens act frozen, they work fine but it leaves behind copies of itself into the background, like if a program has frozen but you can still move it around and it causes "copies" against your background.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 12, 2016, 5:23:11 PM

The devs released a new patch that disables the videos

1) Goto Steam-> Right click ES2->Properties->BETAS->Select the 1.0.13 from the pulldown (no password required)

2) Click GENERAL tab-> Click "Set Lauch Options.."-> type in -novideo

Launch ES2 and see if that disables it on the other screens as well

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment