Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Ver 0.1.0 S0 Public Alpha] Severe text flickering in UI

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 6:59:34 AM

Hello,

I've tried all the steps in the troubleshooting thread and have verified my game cache on steam as well, but the issue remains.

I have also tried fiddling around with graphics settings, to no avail.

I tried searching to see if a similar thread exists but couldn't find any.

So, here goes:

Issue: The text in the UI is flickering severely. Anything with any kind of text, including the 'background box' around it. Makes it impossible to read and is really hampering gameplay. The flickering occurs in the main menu/sub menus, during loading screens and in gameplay. When I start a new game, the faction videos play as normal but the subtitles show signs of flicker.

Also: I tried to start the game in admin mode, but the game crashes to desktop during the ES2 loading screen (after the sega/amplitude video), however when I launch through steam it starts as normal.

Specs: 

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i7 4810 @ 2.8 GHz

16 GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M

1 TB HDD (9.5 GB free on my games partition).

Version: 0.1.0 S0 Public Alpha

Dropbox link (contains output log, registry.xml, screenshots and diagnostics):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67m0iyvz7t669pa/ES2%20Bug%20Report%20-%20UI%20Flicker.7z?dl=0

I included all diagnostics (i.e. before and after my troubleshoot attempts just in case they help pinpoint the issue)

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 5:40:43 PM

I had a very similar flickering issue. You need to download the latest drivers for your graphics card and make sure it is above the minimum required specs for the game. ( Which a GTX 880 really should be, I got a 770. The game was unplayable for me until I manually installed the latest driver from the NVIDIA website )

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 10, 2016, 6:44:46 PM
Sir-Rogers wrote:

I had a very similar flickering issue. You need to download the latest drivers for your graphics card and make sure it is above the minimum required specs for the game. ( Which a GTX 880 really should be, I got a 770. The game was unplayable for me until I manually installed the latest driver from the NVIDIA website )

According to their software I am up to date. I will try to do a manual update as you suggest. Many thanks for a suggestion.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment