Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dx10??

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Oct 16, 2016, 9:21:36 AM

I recently purchased the game (actually i purchased it the day of) and cannot run the game because of the dev's deciding to bump the requirements up to dx11.

Being that it was the first day I literally attempted to start the game up while repeatedly changing my settings for a total of TWELVE HOURS (im aware that i can be very pig-headed). I then decided to look at forums to see if other people were experiencing problems and came to found out that people were having problems starting the game up and that they were blaming the intel graphics cards. So i double checked and made sure it wasnt my graphics card (i have an nvidia graphics card).

I later discovered that it was ACTUALLY that the dev's had bumped up the graphics card demand and it was suggested that I attempt to get a refund. However, because of the amount of times that I attempted to start up the game, the amount of time that steam logged me in as playing the game (very flawed system that DEMANDS fixing) was a total of 5.2 hours. Steam refuses to give me a refund and i spent 40 dollars on a deluxe edition of a game that I cannot play on a computer that is able to run more intensive games like starcraft at max setting.

Initially I was extremely livid because the information regarding the Dx support was poorly dispersed. Even now if you just google the system requirements for this game a VAST MAJORITY still state that the games bare minimum is Dx10 which is what was initially promised.

I am still trying to find out what type of solution can come about this or even be given a suspected time that i can play this game seeing as i literally purchased something i cannot play. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 16, 2016, 11:51:09 AM

You should try to apply for the refund nonetheless. Often they get approved despite the usual time limits, especially if there are technical issues involved. You could also try to contact Amplitude Support directly.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 1:02:32 AM

Its your responsibility to meet the system requirements.

Also since no system requirements have ever been talked about before the game was released, no amount of 'googling' would suggest DX10 would be sufficient other than from unofficial sources. Regardless again the system requirements page is clear about DX11 being a requirement for the game, which isn't 'hidden' on the store page either. The requirements were not 'bumped' from DX10, since DX10 was never a publicly stated nor confirmed requirement.

Note Steam's refund policy is again fairly clear and is not 'flawed'.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 10:20:57 AM
satoru wrote:

Its your responsibility to meet the system requirements.

Also since no system requirements have ever been talked about before the game was released, no amount of 'googling' would suggest DX10 would be sufficient other than from unofficial sources. Regardless again the system requirements page is clear about DX11 being a requirement for the game, which isn't 'hidden' on the store page either. The requirements were not 'bumped' from DX10, since DX10 was never a publicly stated nor confirmed requirement.

Note Steam's refund policy is again fairly clear and is not 'flawed'.

Thank you for your input but it was not necessary. The original requirements for this game were dx10 and were bumped up. The bump up was addressed in this forum and this forum alone. The requirements were updated on steam 3 days before the official release. The original post was by amp and can be found on the following link: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/65-general/thread/20566-system-requirements#post-211253
I do not frequent these forums and as a matter of fact prior to this post I was unaware of this website being the home hub for the game developers to begin with. The system requirements WERE announced and links that show dx10 include several well known gaming wikis, some of which have not been updated

Also steam should not log in game time for a game that you have not played and in that sense the system IS broken. You cannot say i played a game for two hours if i never got past the loading screen to play it. Logically that makes ZERO sense.

Thank you for responding, but im going to go ahead and take your post with a grain of salt.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment