Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

future fix for intel gpus?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Nov 18, 2016, 5:31:12 PM

Hey I bought ES2 for myself (with a gaming pc) and my father (with a laptop) when it first came out. I was able to play fine however my father couldn't, presumably because of the intel built in gpu whatever, whereas I have a dedicated gtx 970 gpu. I know this is a common problem and that there isn't really a fix (that I know of) but my question is: will amplitude studios ever make the game compatible?

I really hope so otherwise it's gonna be pretty hard to get a refund over a month after the game came out (although he has about 25 minutes of "game time" which was just it starting and crashing).

Thanks.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 19, 2016, 4:12:02 PM

At this point Intel support seems to be mostly YMMV

You should update your intel drivers to the absolute latest ones from intel.com directly. Do not use the ones from your manufacturer as those drivers likely haven't been updated since the dark ages.

However doing so still doesn't guarantee the game will work. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 21, 2016, 8:51:10 PM

Onboard gpu is something players should avoid. Even cheap card for 150 $ is expected to be both faster and more compatible than onboard one. OFc sometimes there are exceptions but they are very rare.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 22, 2016, 2:26:23 AM
strike48 wrote:

Onboard gpu is something players should avoid. Even cheap card for 150 $ is expected to be both faster and more compatible than onboard one. OFc sometimes there are exceptions but they are very rare.

While true for desktop systems you can't really update a laptop GPU

Even for desktops, I've seen some Dell or other systems where they've regressed in terms of how expandable they are. I've seen RAM modules soldered onto the motherboard, something I hadn't seen in like 20 years. Also I've seen computers that have only just enough ports for what's in them, they may not even have another internal SATA port to add a hard drive. Or may not even have a PCI slot to install a new video card in. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Nov 29, 2016, 12:14:18 AM
satoru wrote:
strike48 wrote:

While true for desktop systems you can't really update a laptop GPU

Even for desktops, I've seen some Dell or other systems where they've regressed in terms of how expandable they are. I've seen RAM modules soldered onto the motherboard, something I hadn't seen in like 20 years. Also I've seen computers that have only just enough ports for what's in them, they may not even have another internal SATA port to add a hard drive. Or may not even have a PCI slot to install a new video card in. 

We had a similar issue with our old desktop.  It was an HP so it wasn't a surprise.  We tried to install an nvidia card and an amd card, but the pci slot that was supposed to be 2nd gen was only 1st gen. What a disaster that was.  

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment