Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Windows 8.1 Problem?

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 26, 2016, 8:08:31 AM

This is my first time actually doing anything like this so please bare with me.

So I am on a windows 8.1 format since I can't really get the update (eh not a problem)  but since I am now part of the early access of endless legend 2 I am guessing I have a responsibility for other people who didn't buy the early access.  

So my problem is this, I know my graphics card isn't exactly optimal but its durable but I keep encountering a constant error that has to do with the start of any race I play and the cinematic opening isn't appearing at all and I can just click the loading screen to continue on through the game.  I have copied the code to my notepad to show evidences of what I have been encountering in my time of Endless space 2 regardless of what race I picked and it is the following below. 

[Unity] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: AgePrimitiveAVProMovie+<LoadMovie>c__IteratorC.MoveNext ():line 0
at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress):line 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V0.1.23 S0 ALPHA-Public (64-bit)

I don't know what this is and I think this is one of the many bugs I don't quite understand. I am sorry if I am not of any more help but like I said this is my first time doing this.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 28, 2016, 3:22:53 PM

If you're running an intel card the game doesnt officially support them

You can try to update your intel drivers directly from intel.com 

However YMMV as its not officially supported so it may or may not work

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 1:11:22 PM

Oh okay, I'll do that I mean it worked now but I should probably do that just in case. Thanks for replying!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 4:15:14 PM

Also seeing your error, please update any 3rd party codecs like the Klite Codec Pack or VLC Player that might have codecs installed

Otherwise if you still have issues use the forums "Upload File" feature to attach

1) Dxidag. you can run dxdiag from Start->Run and then click "Save All Information". This will save a file to wherever you indicate

2) Diagnostics-<date>.html This will be in My Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files

3) output_log.txt fie which is in \steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\EndlessSpace2_Data

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment