Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

AMD Integrated graphics compatability

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Mar 20, 2017, 8:14:19 PM

Greetings,

When I bought Endless Space 2 when it was first released for early access, I realised I couldn't play it on my laptop as it has integrated intel graphics. I now see this on the specification page on steam. I am thinking about buying a new laptop, which has integrated AMD graphics. Will this be compatible with ES2? Since the page only mentions intel.

Merci Beacoup.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 21, 2017, 1:46:02 PM

Chipsets in general aren't supported, it's just very rare to come across non-Intel integrated graphics.

They might work with the game, but if you're upgrading your hardware, I strongly recommend getting a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 21, 2017, 5:31:34 PM

Damn, thanks, that's a shame. I have a gaming PC for ES2 but I want to play it with my Father who has a laptop as I bought it for his birthday. I think I'll just have to refund it (if I can, I bought it months ago) as laptops with graphics cards seem to cost way too much for what they are.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 24, 2017, 1:21:41 PM

To be fair, it's worth a shot as we've added a DX10 compatibility mode that removes some of the higher-level effects, and enables comparatively weaker hardware to run the game.

I'd suggest installing the game on your father's laptop (using your steam account), trying the compatibility mode, seeing how you like the performance (might have to lower the graphics quality way down though), and if it's satisfactory to you both, getting the game for your father.

You can trigger this compatibility mode by simply adding "dx10" command line in the game's properties. (Library> Right click ES2> Properties>General> Set Launch Options> just type in "dx10" without the quotation marks, click ok, and you're good to go)

Let me know if it helps. If it does, I'd be interested in a dxdiag of that laptop! 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment