Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game launches on Steam, but crashes every time during load.. HELP!

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Apr 19, 2017, 9:46:21 PM

I launch the game like normal on Steam and every single time while loading in at the same point it always crashes. I have tried running in administrator, compatability mode, even verified integrity of cache, but it doesn't matter. It still crashes every time at the same point during the load, around 80% on the bar I'd say.  I was able to play the game fine a few months ago, and decided to shelve it for a few more updates, now it doesn't even make it to the main menu.. 

Windows 8.1
AMD FX 6300
8gb ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 19, 2017, 11:56:43 PM

Can you post your dxdiag, output_log.txt and the diagnostiscs.html

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 20, 2017, 5:20:37 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

The game seems to be shutting down of its own accord, which is odd.

What happens if you launch it after a clean boot?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I did all the steps for a clean boot. It still closes itself at the exact same point during load as usual.

There is an update for the game out that I need to download. I'll download that and see if there are any changes at all.

Nothing. I downloaded the patch and even verified the integrity of game files, and it still closes itself at the same point during load.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
May 1, 2017, 3:38:04 AM
luwhu wrote:

Similar problem, but mine crashes earlier (around 20%) and spits out "can't initialize steam api". Tried all the steps above, nothing worked.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Hi luwhu, is your Steam updated? Try update Steam to check if the problem reoccurred.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 1, 2017, 5:49:06 AM
luwhu wrote:

Similar problem, but mine crashes earlier (around 20%) and spits out "can't initialize steam api". Tried all the steps above, nothing worked.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Your logs are super confusing because teh output log says you're running an Nvidia card but the DXdiag shows yo uhave an AMD

This seemst o point to a driver corruption issue. I would uninstall ALL drivers cleanly. Reboot, then reinstall the latest drivers from AMD

If you have an AMD card you should also try the beta branch to test out the fixes for AMD cards on 17.4

http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/1319962329030394078/

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment