Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

AMD cards fix for main screen corruption

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 3, 2017, 2:15:39 PM
Combat_Sheep888 wrote:

Does this fix anything else for AMD cards or just the main menu issue? I still getting a crash during battles 

Crashes during battles are likely a different issue

Please submit a separate bug report including dxdiag, output_log and a save file that consistently crashes

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 15, 2017, 5:28:05 PM
Omicron52 wrote:

The Patch doesn't appear anywhere in the properties menu for me, United Empire and Horatio appear in the dropdown but not 0.3.7.

I've checked the update history and it says the last one was 0.3.5

This AMD patch does not fix the portraits issue nor the transparent windows issue.

Hope they can sort it out.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 15, 2017, 1:26:01 PM

The menu does say 0.3.5. If it still says 0.3.5 it's normal that the issue persists. I'd try the standard troubleshooting, and failing that, a reinstall.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 15, 2017, 10:51:09 AM

Restart Steam altogether, if you are on the game's main branch and your game is setup to update automatically, it should update to 0.3.7 on its own.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 15, 2017, 9:10:00 AM

The Patch doesn't appear anywhere in the properties menu for me, United Empire and Horatio appear in the dropdown but not 0.3.7.

I've checked the update history and it says the last one was 0.3.5

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 5, 2017, 3:43:00 PM

The fix branch was merged over into the main branch earlier this week, hence the automatic update

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 5, 2017, 3:28:17 PM

Want to verify that this did fix the graphics issues for me; RX480 8GB, driver 17.4.4, Win10.

I didn't adjust any settings so I'm assuming that since I'm signed up for betas in Steam the default settings updated for ES2 automatically. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 5, 2017, 2:49:09 PM

Hi there, I installed the last AMD driver 17.4.4

I was curious to see if it worked without the beta fix. When cheking my betas in steam endless space 2 properties I found that I was subscribed to no beta and the beta amd fix had disspeared from the options. The game launched perfectly nonetheless. I don´t know how this was done but it works. Good job

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 28, 2017, 2:31:15 PM

Hey folks! We just released a beta patch that should fix the main screen missing all icons and preventing from playing the game. It'll be on a branch this week-end, and if it proves satisfactory, will be integrated into the main game next week.

PATCH NOTES [0.3.7]

[FIX]

• Fixed a shader issue with AMD cards preventing from seeing the main menu

How to access it:

In your Steam Games Library, right-click on Endless Space 2, select Properties, then Betas tab. Select update3(0.3.7) - AMD fix. Click on OK, the loading should start immediately. If it doesn't, restart Steam.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 3, 2017, 12:50:48 PM

Does this fix anything else for AMD cards or just the main menu issue? I still getting a crash during battles 

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 3, 2017, 8:07:43 AM

We rolled out the fix onto the main branch of the game, thanks to you guys reporting it did work. Thanks for being our vanguard testers!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 2, 2017, 4:58:28 PM

I'm happy to say that the fix works for me, too (W7/64, R9 390). \o/

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 2, 2017, 2:48:53 PM

Glad to hear guys, thanks for letting us know this works for you!

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 30, 2017, 8:52:01 AM

I just reinstalled the game after a while... Was horrifying! I only see colors and a wild party of geometry shapes on my screen... I came here to write about and find an answer, then I read about this beta patch and now I playing the game without a problem. That's efficiency, you're the best Amplitude.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Apr 30, 2017, 5:56:46 AM

As patch notes had stated, menu has become visible, thanks.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment