Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Load-up problems and freezing

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 3:20:41 PM

Hi!

I am looking for help with an issue regarding the game. The game has been slow and unplayable.

It seems that when i start the game the initial loading takes about 25 mins. Then the game is stuck on the completed loading screen for another 20mins while the menu music plays and the cursor becomes visible. After that, the main menu appears but the frame rate is terrible and menu selections take around 15-20 seconds to respond. I have tried to start a game session just for the sake of it but have not been successful so far.

Also, i have carried out all of the recommended steps in the "common issues" thread. Specifically, i have already tried forcing the high performance GPU, running in compatibility mode, verifying steam files, etc.

I would really appreciate some help as i bought the game a week ago but have not been able to play it at all.

Here is my output_log and dxdiag file;

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 7:20:26 PM

Looks like youre not forcing the Nvidia card via the Nvidia Control Panel

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 7:43:15 PM

Yeah, I've been having this problem as well. I'm also not exactly the most technically-fluent gamer, so figuring out how to solve it is going to be a bit of a challenge, too. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 8:18:49 PM

Bad performance with a nVIDIA card

Please verify if your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the default slot of the motherboard.
Go to the nVIDIA control panel.
Then go to “Manage 3D Settings”, “Program Settings”.
Look for or add “Endless Space 2” on the drop-list and tell nVIDIA to use the high performance graphics processor instead of the on-board graphics card.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/350544272217377139/

and/or https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/20661-read-first-common-issues-guides-and-solutions?page=1

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 18, 2017, 9:53:32 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply Groo and Satoru! Like i mentioned, i have forced the card as outlined in the "common issues thread". Beyond that are there any other reasons why my computer would be ignoring this setting? 

@Satoru do my logs show otherwise?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment