Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

100+ Turns into the game, a mess begins to unveil.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 3:54:29 PM

Hello guys, i'm loving the game but sadly there are some serious "performance" problems.

i73770 16GB ram GTX1060 6GB win10 64bit

I played 2 games that the lag\stutter appeared.

A - Colossal size + 8 AI - Turn 120+ all hell breaks loose. "Phantom" clicking sound, animation stutter, hang ups. Space combat sound disappearing. Space combat animation skipping frames and ships becoming all messed up. Sound stutter when the fleet jumps in. UI not responding even after you wait for the AI to play all of his turns.

B - Normal size + 4 AI - Turn 140+ "Phantom" clicking appears, slowly starts to stutter and everything else.

Limiting the game to 30 FPS from the menu creates a serious tearing sound when the fleet jumps in while the battle sequence plays out.

Guys, i am sorry but this is very disappointing.

I am not interested in hearing that my specs are too low, and you know exactly why.

I can provide the savegames, but i am expecting you to fix this please.

Have a wonderful week! Thank you for your time.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 4:29:48 PM

I just want to double up and confirm this problem. I started a thread about late game lag and stutter on the steam forum. One of the debs replied asking for info, which is appreciated.

My specs are: i5 4690k, GTX970, 16GB DDR3, Win 10 64bit.

I was playing Huge map, with 8 players, ovoid. 

One characteristic of the problem was how it would settle and become much smoother interfacing with the UI, etc after about 15-20 seconds after letting the game sit after processing turn.

TBH, this issue is almost a show stopper. It really marred what is otherwise proving to be fantastic game. 

Feel free to ask me for more info, or a save file! Happy to help in any way :)

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 20, 2017, 4:40:30 PM

Funny enough I am having the same problem over here: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/25591-lag-spike-every-10-15-seconds?page=1

For me, the problems are starting around turn 50. 

My post:

I have deleted my Endless Space 2 folder in Documents and have made the game run as administrator. I then ran a game again and got this:

When I turned forced 1080p UI the game lagged every 10 seconds like described. I turned on automatic and it would only lag when opening UI stuff in the game. Also selecting a race at the start also lagged every 10 seconds when the menu was open. 

Game Version: 1.0.1 S5 GOLD-Public

Diagnostics - 2017'05'19 @2040'19''.zip

AutoSave 94.zip

Radeon Software Version - 17.5.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1303 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz

I would like to point out I am still having the problem when I get past turn 50 you really notice the lag spikes. I watched my GPU last night while playing watching it go from 100% to 10-30% every few seconds. When I run other games it doesn't fluctuate like it does with Endless Space 2 and Endless Legends.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 6:25:37 AM

Game is almost unplayable after turn 100~ takes at least 10 seconds for it to even register you clicking a button. i7-3770k 3.5GHz 16GBB DDR3 1080

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 21, 2017, 8:42:01 AM

Hi folks,

Sorry about all that. 

Yes saved games are most welcome, for the ease of reproducing at the studio. Gaudium, TheFunMachine, please add yours as well.

Thanks

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 6:50:41 AM
AmpliMath wrote:

Hi folks,

Sorry about all that. 

Yes saved games are most welcome, for the ease of reproducing at the studio. Gaudium, TheFunMachine, please add yours as well.

Thanks

Sent mine via PM.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 1:06:52 PM

Could you please also attach a recent DXDiag? Just so we're sure what you're playing with and what drivers are installed on your machines, respectively. Thank you!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 2:48:44 PM

Turn 38 right now and I keep running into spikes each ~5 seconds. Is this the same problem as stated above? Any recommendations for this?

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 7:50:45 AM

My diaxdiag

https://ufile.io/fu4v7

Piruparka wrote:

Turn 38 right now and I keep running into spikes each ~5 seconds. Is this the same problem as stated above? Any recommendations for this?

Not that i know off, i mean i turned the graphics settings to lowest, tried to put the priority of the game to higher.

thought it might be the galaxy size, but it doesn't matter. Freezes aren't every 5 seconds, but it does stutter super annoyingly here and there.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 26, 2017, 12:40:51 PM

I'm also experiencing extreme lag after about the 100 turn point.  It's extremely distracting when trying to manage things and getting 'ghost clicks' where your input doesn't register.  Considering how prevalent this problem is, I'm surprised there has been nothing addressing it.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 27, 2017, 2:47:25 PM

Game version 1.05,  Windows 7 64 bit,  moderate spec machine (AMD X4 845, 16 GB RAM,  Nvidia GTX 950).    Video driver is close, but not quite up to date (378.78,  latest release is 382.33).

On a large map,  frequent and moderate freezes (I'd say around 300-600ms) of the entire GUI getting worse over time.   Mouse clicks do not register while the GUI is frozen.

Around turn 80 or 90 I quit because the game was becoming unplayable but on "Exit to Windows" I got a black screen.   The game was using one core at 100% for several minutes and it didn't look like it was ever going to quit so I killed the game through task manager.

I'll try updating my drivers but I this smells like a single errant thread stuck in a loop or a algorithm that has suddenly gone O(n^3) or something..  :)

Save and dxdiag output attached.

files_for_amplitude.zip

Other than that.. great game so far!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 27, 2017, 3:23:39 PM

Chiming in here, having similar problems as well.

Playing on a Huge map with 7 competitors (8 players total).
The issues were minor at first, but I'm now over Turn 200 and while it's still playable (perhaps due to my system being slightly overkill on the performance), but there are some definite slowdowns and my "default" framerate has more than halved since the start of the game.

I'm not noticing any significant delays on clicks (only early in the turn when FPS dips below 10 on the regular) thankfully, and the "messed up" ship issue is resolved by restarting the game, but something is draining a lot of resources where it really shouldn't be.

In fact, I've just made a thread that the game won't progress beyond turn 214, where it simply stops and doesn't progress the turn.

Game version: 1.05

Windows 10 64-bit

Intel i7 6700K
16GB RAM
nVidia GTX 1080 (driver 382.05, 382.33 is the latest)

Save-file and DxDiag included below
Files_For_Amplitude.zip

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 5:47:56 PM

Hi folks,

We are still working on this subject. Sadly, one of the optimizations we attempted (delaying AI orders) may have caused the major issue with end turns. We have to work on a better fix, and we also have to understand why some computations are so slow (and cause this input lag / hangs). Last weeks optimization have already optimized my personal turn 200+ saved game, but we still have improvements to deliver.

We will update you when we have more news.

Thanks

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment