Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game freezes 214 turns in when hitting next turn

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 27, 2017, 3:09:21 PM

I've been playing the Unfallen, and currently, on turn 214, when I try to end the turn it simply stops.

The game itself is still responsive (I can move the camera, can access the menus, etc), but the turn will not progress.

The only thing of note is that 3 of the factions in the game are listed as being "in encounter", the rest is "playing" (and I am "Ready").

I've let the game sit there for about 30 minutes, no change.

Now, I'm playing on a huge map, and turns were already taking quite a long time, but up to now they certainly did not just stop.

Does anyone have any ideas on how the jostle the game into completing its turn?

On an unrelated note, is anyone else having massive dips in framerate early in the turn, the game is usually comfortably above 60 FPS, but dips down to sub-10 at the start of turns.
Is that related to fleet movement or something? I've only noticed the framerate and these dips getting notable worse as the game progressed.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 5:48:57 PM

Hi all,

Version 1.052 (automatically updated, check the text line in the main menu) should have fixed this. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 11, 2017, 7:10:08 AM

I'll add my info as well.

Files_For_Amplitude.zip

UPDATE: On another note, the recent patch did allow me to continue the game, I hadn't returned to Endless Space 2 in a while, but I did today, and the game continues past turn 214 without issue at the moment.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 13, 2017, 8:25:33 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lrztufiglhv97m6/AutoSave_176.zip Another pending game broken save with the latest experimental patch

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 13, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

Just got something similar tonight: at turn 278 UI was responsive but no action I made was recorded. Impossible to queue/unqueue, move ships and so on.

I reloaded previous turn (277) and 278 was unlocked.

I'm now turn 280 and didn't encounter this "lock" state anymore. Crossing my fingers.

Maybe reloading a previous save could unlock your games too ?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 15, 2017, 6:00:33 PM

Just ran into this problem today. Won't advance past turn 102, UI  responds but nothing registers, can't save the game either. I tried  going back several saves but it's happened every time.

Diagnostics.zip

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment