Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game Creation Screen all messed up

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 4:31:18 AM

As you can see, I did something to my poor, poor game. The entire faction and player section is all kinds of messed up after I installed a couple of mods, and even with those mods gone and the game reinstalled, it hasn't gone away. Only that little green faction works properly; all of the other buttons don't do anything, and if I go to the Faction select screen with the leader thumbnails, everything works properly but I can't get out because the Select and Back buttons don't work.

After a clean install, I've run out of ideas.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 6:12:02 PM

Hey IceGremlin,

Can you share your custom faction files? Maybe there is something wrong in them, that the game cannot handle?

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 6:41:00 PM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932905325

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932394338

Those are the two mods in question.

I cannot seem to work out how I would actually provide my Custom Faction files through here, though this problem came into effect long after I made my only custom faction- specifically the first time I shut down my computer after using those mods, the problem reared its ugly head the next time I opened it up.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 30, 2017, 9:28:48 AM

Hi IceGremlin,

By the look of it, there was an error when showing this screen that prevent it from initializing properly.

Could you send me your Diagnostics file, please? It should be in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files.

By the way, you can find your Custom Faction files in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Endless Space 2\Custom Factions. If you want to share it, you have to pass both the Faction file and the Population file (in Custom Populations).

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 30, 2017, 1:59:02 PM

Ok, I've just had a look at your mods and I think I understand what the problem is.

Short story: you can go to "C:\Users\ and delete any line looking like "<Color>XX</Color>". If you don't want to make any mistake and you don't really care about your preference, just delete the file.

Long story: This file keeps your preferences (basically the default setting for a game or your options). Among these,  it keeps the colors used by the empires in the last game you launched. What seems to happen is that the mods' colors are saved in the file, then you restart the game, the color mod is disabled and then the GUI is panicking because it does not recognize the color information. Since your preferences are not deleted when you uninstall the game, the problem will happen over and over. 

I'll make the code more robust on our side but until next patch, you can edit your Registry file as mentionned earlier.

Thank you for your feedback :)

EDIT: I have just sent the fix, it should be available in a patch pretty soon so that you won't have to worry for that kind of problem anymore.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 30, 2017, 6:24:47 PM

Thank you very much! Glad to hear it'll be a fixed problem in the long term. Although I think you have a typo there, since you say I can go to "C:\Users\" but don't finish the line or have a closing quote, so I'm not exactly sure where I'm going here. And here's those custom faction and diagnostic files regardless, since I haven't worked out your exact instructions yet. I accidentally deleted the previous Temporary Files so I just started up the app and went to game creation to get a new set.

Gnarae.xml

Gnar Bolgae.xml

Diagnostics - 2017'05'30 @1422'03''.html

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the Registry you were referencing, deleted the Color lines, and everything is working perfectly now! Also, saw you guys labeled the Lumeris as Venetians. They suddenly make a lot more sense thematically, I love it.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment