Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Are the servers down?

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 4:56:57 PM

Are the Endless Space 2 servers down?  I have been unable to load any saved games since yesterday morning.  I can enter the game and the load menu, but when I load my game, it gets stuck on "Connecting to Servers" no matter which game I load.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 5:58:19 PM

Note the 'connecting to servers' is just it trying to connect to steamworks. But the connection is not necessary to launch the game.'

Can you post your output_log.txt. Its likely some other issue is happening.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 8:26:39 PM

One odd things is that the diagnostics say you don't have the Registry.xml file in 

My Documents\Endless Space 2\Users\<numbers>\Registry.xml

Can you check if that exists?

Can you also run steam as an adminstrator? I think it may not be able to load the save due to a permisisons problem.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 8:29:36 PM

I removed the registry file on the advice of a Steam Change Log (5/19/2017).  Will try running as admin.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 8:53:15 PM

I think I figured this out.  Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to technical stuff.  I opened steam as admin by right-clicking on the .exe.>properties>compatibility>clicked admin box>hit apply>double-checked Steam is running in admin.  What am I looking for?

I tried running the game.  Started up fine.  Music's working.  Still no love loading my saved game.

Also, I restored the registry file.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 7:19:54 AM

No "tech master" here, too. Did you try to add admin rights to Endless Space 2.exe, too (right mouse click on ES2 exe, properties) ? Could be it's not necessary, but would try anything in your case.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment