Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[PC] Game has no audio and can not save

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 8, 2017, 2:37:11 AM

When I run the game I do not see the usual animated logos, just a black screen with a frame. When I click it goes to the loading screen and main menu. There is no audio at all. If I start a new game it will not show the intro video but otherwise seems to run fine. If I exit and reload the game all settings have returned to defaults and my saved games do not exist.

There is no file folder in my documents for Endless Space 2 like there is supposed to be.

I have reinstalled the game, verified the game files, checked for driver updates, changed compadibility settings, and tried all the other recomendations I could find with no solution found.

I do not seem to have a diagnostics file.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

I  hope someone can help, I have been looking forward to this game for a long time.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 2:08:02 PM

I would run steam as an admin

Also even dxdiag is not showing your audio device, which means you probabyl have something systemic going on. You can try to update your audio drivers.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 7, 2017, 9:20:12 PM

Regarding the save files look into this thread: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/27311-cannot-save-a-game?page=1

I recently have the problem that the game is not saving. Or correctly it creates .tmp (temporary) save files. They should be .zip files. So during the save process there is a hiccup. You can manually change the .tmp to .zip or to be more precise delete everything after .zip and the safe files are working. You can do that while playing. It's a workaround.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 10, 2017, 1:03:03 PM

Possibly that your anti-virus could be interferring with the tmp file rename to zip conversion

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment