Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Save files won't load. Stuck on "launching game"

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 26, 2017, 11:48:06 PM

When I try to load a saved game, it does not load. I can start games fine, and progress them very far, but then when loading the game, it gets to the "launching game" loading screen and hangs.

Whenever I try to upload any file to this forum I get a "something went wrong" report, so instead you can download the relevant saves and diagnostic files from my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ccVvfxapeAWkM3TkZtQlVIb2M/view?usp=sharing

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 5:31:09 AM

This is a well known issue from the last patch. I'm sure it's at the top of their priority list. We're all losing games to corrupt saves.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 6:29:39 AM

If it helps, I find that loading autosaves still works fine, only saves I have made myself have been corrupted.
Saving at the start of your turn before doing anything else seems to have worked so far as well, which might be why the autosaves are fine.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 8:33:42 AM

I tried loading an autosave prior to my recent save game. 

It also hung just like the save and would not load.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 1:12:13 PM

I had the same problem and got it working.   Posted on Steam.   http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/2592234299540629005/?tscn=1498559672

Got mine to load finally. I checked my saved game file folder and found one corrupt saved game that didn't complete. Sometimes I alt tab out if the game takes to long to shut down and I noticed a saved game that was corrupted. I deleted it and tried to see if my old games that I first started playing this game would load, sure enough, they do. Kept going up to each saved game and loaded them. Funny thing is I couldn't use the ESC key to cancel and tried resetting it in options to no avail. No problem just kept going up the saved game files and loading until I reached my autosave from last night and sure enough, it loaded and the ESC key is working again.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 1:18:30 PM

Hi all,

The programmers are on this. Thanks for the report and saved games. Do not hesitate to send more.

Cheers,

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 27, 2017, 8:50:36 PM

Another long night of playing this awesome game :)

AmpliMath, got into a problem with a new game with United Empire.  After a long session of play, this time I waited for the game to shut down and it crashed.  Too tired to look into it right away, until this morning.  The Same problem won't load.  Before I decided to fix again, I've uploaded the whole saved file zipped to Dropbox.  I worked on the problem the same way and got it working again.  I didn't check to see if the newer autosaves worked just the first one got me in.

Edit:  I started with the Trees save first and worked my way up to the autosave.

Unzip before testing;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jvz0lfj7xdioom/Save%20Files.zip?dl=0

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 30, 2017, 12:46:47 PM

Folks,

We have solved some simple load/save issues, but the biggest issue (crash on loading the saved game) was very vicious. One of our senior programmers, with the help of Unity, thinks he has found the cause of the crash. We are working on a fix, but we will probably need a few extra days of testing before we deliver a preview.

Thanks for your patience!

We will keep you updated.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 4, 2020, 5:00:39 PM

I want to play the game but saves files still doesn't load.  Is this going to get fixed one day? 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 23, 2021, 12:19:11 PM

its been 4 years since this thread and it still isn't fixed not to be rude but i can't enjoy the game if i lose all my progress because of saves that doesn't work

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment