Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Solved - 1.036] Cannot Load Savegame

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jul 23, 2017, 1:30:38 AM

I tried to creat and uploud a multi part archive of the save game but it still would not uploud to the forum. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 10, 2017, 10:12:00 PM

Folks,

We have fixed several saved game issue, including a big one caused by a crash deep inside Unity (Unity gave us a new version of their engine to solve this!).

Can you check the last preview patch (1.036) to see if the issue is fixed?

Thanks

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 24, 2017, 9:13:20 PM

I just had a game fail to load due to the same issue (loading hangs indefinitely at the "Launching game" step, diagnostic file shows a HeroShip serialization error). Relevant files:

Diagnostics - 2017'07'24 @1646'04''.html

LP Riftborn 2 4.zip

In case the events of the game help in tracking down the bug at all, this save was made right after the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5bOW5Lzq24

This game is being played on version 1.0.20.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 23, 2017, 8:28:12 AM

If all the archive parts were under 4MB then I have no idea what could cause the issue.

You could instead upload it to a 3rd-party site (Dropbox, Goggle Drive, Etc.), and put a link to it here.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 18, 2017, 1:14:40 AM

I cannot laod my savegame. Even louding the savegame file from the ingame menu does not work. It just freezes when the screen says "launching game" during the loading process.

Diagnostics - 2017'07'18 @0023'56''.html

I am trying to upload the corrupted savegame file to the forum, but I keep getting the message "Somthing went wrong. Please try again" whenever I try to uplaod the savefile to the forum. However I can upload a "healthy" savefile. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 22, 2017, 7:31:50 PM

The devs do quite often read the fourms. I know that satoru and AmpliMath frequent the tech support forum.

So I expect they will read this thread at somepoint. 

They will need the save file to do anything with this problem, I suggest to get around the 4MB file upload limit (I'm assuming thats the issue you have had with uploading it)

you can create a multi-part archive (Guide for: Winzip, 7-Zip Or WinRar) and upload all the parts

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 22, 2017, 6:44:31 PM

thanks for letting me know. Is there a way to notefy the Dev team of this problem?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 22, 2017, 6:10:26 PM

I must have originally looked at the wrong diagnostics, I can see from it that there is an issue with your particular save file.

Below is an extract from the diagnostics:

00:25:31:976
[IEndTurnService] RegisterValidator | Registered Method 'DepartmentOfEducation.EndTurnValidator'
00:25:31:976
An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type Game (serialization type: Game)
00:25:31:977
An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type MajorEmpire (serialization type: Empire)
An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type DepartmentOfEducation (serialization type: Agency)
An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type Hero (serialization type: Hero)
An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type  HeroShip (serialization type: HeroShip)
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[Error]
Exception during serialization: System.Exception: An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type Game (serialization type: Game) ---> System.Exception: An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type MajorEmpire (serialization type: Empire) ---> System.Exception: An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type DepartmentOfEducation (serialization type: Agency) ---> System.Exception: An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type Hero (serialization type: Hero) ---> System.Exception: An exception has been thrown during the deserialization of an element of type HeroShip (serialization type: HeroShip) ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Ship.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at HeroShip.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[HeroShip] (System.String elementName, .HeroShip value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[HeroShip] (System.String elementName, .HeroShip value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.Serializer.SerializeElement[HeroShip] (System.String elementName, .HeroShip value) [0x00000] in :0 at Hero.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Hero] (System.String elementName, .Hero value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Hero] (System.String elementName, .Hero value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.Serializer.SerializeSubElement[Hero] (System.String elementName, .Hero value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Hero] (System.String elementName, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.String subElementName, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.Serializer.SerializeElement[Hero] (System.String elementName, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.String subElementName) [0x00000] in :0 at DepartmentOfEducation.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Agency] (System.String elementName, Amplitude.Unity.Game.Agency value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Agency] (System.String elementName, Amplitude.Unity.Game.Agency value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.Serializer.SerializeSubElement[Agency] (System.String elementName, Amplitude.Unity.Game.Agency value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Type,Agency] (System.String elementName, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 dictionary, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Unity.Game.Empire.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at Empire.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at MajorEmpire.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Empire] (System.String elementName, .Empire value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Empire] (System.String elementName, .Empire value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.Serializer.SerializeSubElement[Empire] (System.String elementName, .Empire value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Empire] (System.String elementName, .Empire[] array, System.String subElementName, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Game.SerializeElements (IElementsSerializer serializer, IVersionProvider versionProvider) [0x00000] in :0 at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Game] (System.String elementName, .Game value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Amplitude.Serialization.BinarySerializer.SerializeElement[Game] (System.String elementName, .Game value, SerializationOption serializationOptions) [0x00000] in :0 at Game+c__Iterator8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0

The Error happens in Game/MajorEmpire/DepartmentOfEducation/Hero/Heroship and is "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Ship.SerializeElements"

Simplification/Translation of the error: While the game was reading the save file it had got to the bit where hero ships are mentioned and then there was a lack of information. The game needed a certain value but the file does not contain it, that should not happen so the game get confused and does not know what to do so it just skips to the end of the save game loading process and sits there doing nothing.

The issue you had with uploading the file may be due to the file being over 4MB, the forums only allow for files to be up to 4MB if they are bigger they have an error.

Sorry I could not be of much help.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 22, 2017, 3:53:35 PM
CyRob wrote:

What Build are you on Theodore ?

There have recently been fixes to save loading issues that are currently in a preview build (1.0.25)

I would suggest you try using that build if you are not already and see if they work there.

To use the preview build;

1) Go to your steam libraryand find Endless Space 2

2) Right Click Endless Space 2 and click properties

3) Select the Betas tab

4) Using the drop down menu op into the preview(1.0.25)- beta

5) Press Ok and Steam should update Endless Space 2

6) Try open your saves in the new version and report back here with the results

i am already on the latest beta but it

does not make any difrence.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 22, 2017, 8:30:18 AM

CyRob wrote:

There have recently been fixes to save loading issues that are currently in a preview build (1.0.25)

I would suggest you try using that build if you are not already and see if they work there.

3) Select the Betas tab

Hey man! Thanks a lot for suggesting this procedure. I've almost given up on playing Endless Space 2 because whenever I reached 160+ turns, my saved files cannot be loaded and Endless Space always crashes when it almost finished loading. But with your guide, I am able to fix it. Thanks again!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 21, 2017, 7:32:33 AM

3) Select the Betas tab

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 21, 2017, 1:22:26 AM

I tried it and it did not work. I am at 325 turns. Do you think that may have somthing to do with it?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 20, 2017, 5:08:22 PM

I have a same problem.

I found that solution :

- begin new game

- load your save game since the menu in game

It's always work like that even for sve game with more than 250 turns.

0Send private message
Comment