Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[SOLVED - 1.036] [PC] Problem seeing multiplayer says not connected to steam when I am.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jul 19, 2017, 5:44:06 PM

So my join game button in the menu is grayed out, and I am unable to host a MP game and others cannot see it.  Steam is on and functioning normally for every other game.  This is on V 1.025 and 1.018 and through two reinstalls.  It started when I DL'ed the preview build and I have been unable to remedee it.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

I would appreciate any suggestions, I have no antivirus software other than windows defender 10, and its up to date.  I can't think of another software issue that could be conflicting.  Any ideas?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 10, 2017, 10:18:43 PM

Hey Plutar,

Really weird and first time I am seeing this. Can you try the preview patch 1.036, just in case?

If this does not work, please post:

• Your dxdiag file
  • Your diagnostics and output_log files

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 12, 2017, 5:55:51 AM

New patch cured it,  not sure what happened.  Probably I have a rare steam order living in Rural US because my connection drops off frequently, there could have been a disconnect at the wrong time that steam didn't know how to re-enable, best guess at least.  But yes, the new patch solved it.   The new patch is great btw, this is definitly the gold patch.   Going to push 1.036 to its limit tomorrow, Max players, Max galaxy size, Max difficulty, no resources.   Game on!

Thanks Ampli, like I said to the other dev Weapon, I've been getting a lot of responses from you guys lately, must have seen how many hours I've logged in ES2 on steam, **embarrassed*

Thanks again!

0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment